Friday, July 18, 2008

A Trip to Cheddar Bay....Even Though It Doesn't Exist

I have said it before....I love to work in the kitchen. I say that baking is therapeutic for me (though that is probably stretching it a little bit.) Anyway, I love to try new recipes, get new cookbooks from the library, and I found a recipe y'all might like to try.

If you have ever been to Red Lobster, you know all about those Chedday Bay biscuits they bring to you before your entree arrives. Well, our family loves them. I hate to say we eat more than one basket =) However, we don't go to Red Lobster that often, but I found a "Top Secret Cloning Recipe" for them.....and they tast exactly the same.....or what I can recollect of my last tasting of the actual one. I wanted to share my find with you.

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
4 TBSP. cold butter
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Cut butter into Bisquick mix. There should be small chunks of butter (the size of peas) when you are done. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined. (You will get sticky fingers.)

Drop approximately 1/4 cup portions of dough onto ungreased baking sheet using an ice cream scoop. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 15 minutes, or until the tops are light brown.

When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 TBSP. butter in a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. dried parsley. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits.

This is a simple recipe. I got it out of this cookbook. Next thing I plan to make out of it: Olive Garden's Lemon Creme Cake!!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Mmmmm that sounds so good! I love those biscuits, so I will have to try the recipe.
Blessings,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

I can attest to the fact that those biscuits were definitely yummy!! They tasted just like the real thing.

I'm glad you enjoy being in the kitchen so much. I do too.

Love,
Mom

Ella said...

Brooke, do try the recipe and let me know what you think of it!

Mom, it's a good thing I enjoy being in the kitchen....though I wish dishes would disappear sometimes =)