Thursday, August 14, 2008

He Giveth and He Taketh Away

Life is all about this verse from the Bible. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. BLESSED be the name of the Lord. While this whole subject is hard to grasp, since it doesn't make much sense to us, eventually we can step back and say "Yes, He is blessed and good."

Some of you may have noticed that ModesTeen is no longer in existence. Let's just say that the Lord was leading Erin and me in different ways now. ModesTeen served a time and purpose, though it was only for a season. Yet, I am not left empty-handed. While ModesTeen was removed, God has brought something more into my lap.

I have been working with HopeChest Magazine for over a year now (though in that period of time, we haven't put out an issue =( However, the Lord has enabled me to serve in a greater capacity. I will be taking over "public relations" work with everything. You know, subscriptions, back issues, answering questions, cutting checks, etc. It is an opportunity to broaden my horizons and grow more and more in the ways God wants me to.

I can honestly say that these latest changes in my life are good. I can't wait to see where they lead. Now, my "giving and taking away" is far less drastic than some people. I have friends who have lost friends to death; others are leaving home to experience new things. Everyone is different, but God has the same basic lesson for us to learn.

Be encouraged yourself when you face changes...or things being taken away. God is good; He is faithful; blessed be His name!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is ALWAYS worthy of our praise...even in those difficult times or when things are taken away. And I think when we praise him in those times, it is an even sweeter aroma to him, because then it is truly a sacrifice of praise.

Love,
Mom

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry to see ModesTeen go, but I understand that the Lord does lead us in other ways :-) I know you will follow what He is putting in your heart to do.

In Christ,

Bonnie

Ella said...

Bonnie, if things had been drastic, letting go of ModesTeen would have been far more dramatic. But as it is, God prepared my heart!

Neesie said...

I had not realized that you let go of ModesTeen. I am disappointed. I liked it a lot! But, I hope that this new path in your life takes you far and you do well in it.

Neesie said...

I had not realized that you let go of ModesTeen. I am disappointed. I liked it a lot! But, I hope that this new path in your life takes you far and you do well in it.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you are at peace.

Erin

Ella said...

Neesie, I don't know why I got your comment twice! Anyway, I liked ModesTeen too. If you hadn't been on in a while, you wouldn't have known we deleted it; it just happened. But I am looking forward to where God has for me!

Erin, I am definitely at peace with this....have been for some time. That's a good place to be!