Of late, I have been having difficulty determining what I want to post next. My love for writing has not diminished by ANY means. In fact, I have a couple of things slated for next week.....but they coincide with finishing school, and for me that doesn't happen until Tuesday. Needless to say, I didn't want to post those articles until then.
But on the flip side, I didn't want my blog to sit idle until then. So, I wanted to post some things I have read on one of my favorite subjects--politics! Politics can be a very controversial subject and I do not want this blog to become a place of debate. But sometimes good discussion can come as a result.
This year, it is very hard to know what to do about the presidential race. The Lord knows what the electoral vote will be; we don't have that pleasure. We have to dedicate it to prayer and careful thought. Some things that have piqued my interest and made me think have been:
~~This article I read on Yahoo. Too bad I can't find the actual survey =)
~~This post about politics and the forum of Barack Obama/ John McCain/Rick Warren When I have time I want to watch the actual discussion linked by Jasmine
~~Analyzing voting records. (Maybe some of it will make more sense to you!)
I am interested to know what you gals have to say. Be respectful and courteous. It won't be published otherwise =) No matter where we lean politically, we all need to be praying for our country in this crucial time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
Hi! I just found your blog through Julia's.
I have to say that I'm interested in politics too. I'm definitely Republican, but nobody in this year's election that is in the lead is terribly Republican... actually, not really at all.
I have to admit, though, that the last link made the most sense to me. :P
Anyway, feel free to stop by my blog at: www.mymusingsandthoughts.blogspot.com
~Madison
I'm quite disappointed by this year's choices, and if John McCain chooses a pro-choice candidate for his running mate, as it appears he is going to do, I will be even more disappointed. I can't imagine leaving the presidential portion of my ballot blank, but that is what I may have to do. Yes, John McCain is a patriot...but he is not a conservative. And it's frightening that so many "religious" people are in Obama's camp. Surely, they need to line up his VERY liberal voting record with the Bible.
Hi Ella!
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! It was quite encouraging! :) I also love finding other young women who are interested in Homemaking and have blogs. :)
As to your post...I watched part of the Rick Warren/Obama/McCain forum, (Found it through Jasmine Baucham's blog) And I think that if I was voting this year then I would vote for John McCain. My reasons? Well, I see him as the better of two 'not-perfects'. I also think we should do anything possible to keep Obama from being president. (I don't like him at all) :)
Anyway, have a blessed day!
Julia from Julia's Journal
Madison, welcome to my blog! Like you, I am definitely a Republican and the pickings in that category are pretty slim. Glad that last link made sense. I just need to have more time to dedicate looking at it.
Mom, you are right. If John McCain picks someone pro-choice, he won't be getting my vote. But like we talked about, he isn't dumb.
Julia, I found your beliefs about homemaking wonderfully refreshing! Yes, I got the forum thing from Jasmine's blog also. She and I love talking about that! I will see what I will do about McCain. Obama will not be getting my vote (besides the fact he is too liberal, he creeps me out.) But we shall see!
Personally, I see that no one candidate, whether he's uber-conservative or uber-liberal, will be perfect. All have sinned...we've made our mistakes. After watching the Saddleback forum, I felt very encouraged. I am VERY conservative and McCain gave some VERY conservative answers that I didn't know he owned. I don't care for Obama, which I'm sure you've already figured out. I believe that pretty much everyone knows that the next President will be either McCain or Obama, period. Even though I don't necessarily agree with every little thing that McCain does (no one will), NOT voting for him or NOT voting at all would simply be giving the election away to Obama. I know that I would rather have McCain over Obama...that is what my conscience tells me, so that is how I must vote. You can't ask any more from a person than that they vote their conscience. But, as Jasmine mentioned...this country, this election and the people of this country need prayer during this very pivotal time. I'm praying for wisdom and discernment for all in how they should vote. This is all IMHO.
Shalom! :-)
Post a Comment