Friday, October 17, 2008

My Blog Colors

When I was hunting for a new template, color schemes and their potential spiritual significance was the furthest thing from my mind. I was too busy looking for something classy; I had my hands full dealing with html codes, switching basic templates, finding things that worked, etc. So, when this one worked out perfectly....and I liked it.....I thought everything was good to go.

Then the Lord showed me a lesson in the colors I had chosen. And it fit my new name, "All Because of Grace." My colors are black, red, and white. One of the songs I sang a lot during my younger years came to mine. My heart was black as sin until the Savior came in. His precious blood I know has washed me white as snow.

If not for the grace God showed me at Calvary, I would still be as black as midnight. But his hands and feet ran red for me. Because of this, and not due to anything I have done, I have been made white in his sight. I no longer have a blemish. Though I fail day after day after day, God doesn't take his grace away.

Just something the Father has reminded me of time and again lately. I can easily take it for granted; I might not pay attention. But the Lord can use anything, even a blog template, to remind me of who I am.....and who He is.

5 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful post!! Thanks for the reminder of that SO-TRUE song and what the Lord has done for us.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great insight, Ella. I love it when the Lord uses familiar things to remind us of His truth. :)

Kaysie

Julia said...

Hi Ella!

I love how your mom comments on your posts. :) It's so sweet.

That is a really neat revelation you got from the blog colors! :) And they look wonderful! :)

Anyway, I hope you're having a wonderful day.
Julia

Neesie said...

Beautiful thought Ella! Now every time I look at your colors I will think of this.

About the Phillies-I live about 45 minutes away from the Phillie's stadium and have always grown up a Phillies fan! I wouldn't think of rooting for anyone else. My favortie player by all means is Victorino!!! I also like Utley, Howard, and J.C. Romero. My family and I went to a game this past summer where we got to hear a few of the "Christian" players' testimonies. Brad Lidge and Chris Coste had the most "real" testimonies. I'm so happy that you actually know who I am talking about; so many of my friends don't.

P.S. If I may brag for a moment, my dad use to play for the Phillies. ;-) That is also another reason I like them!

Ella said...

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments. It is always a good thing when the Lord uses anything to get our attention.

Julia, I count it a blessing that Mom comes on here!

Neesie, yes I know what you are talking about. My brother lives and breathes baseball. Go Phillies!