Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Scrapbooking


Since I am currently on break from my studies, I am finding time to do things I never get to do. For instance, Mom and I are occasionally watching movies in the middle of the day (That never happens!) I am getting to catch up on reading; I have been posting much more than I usually do. I have been able to go out into the craft room and work on my sewing, as well as another pastime.

Most girls have been scrapbooking much longer than I have been. In fact, Mom was the one doing my scrapbook. But with all the moves we have had, our things never got out of boxes. They are now, yet I thought it would be fun to take over and do things with my own personal spin. So, I have decided to work backwards--I am doing current events and will slowly get back to my early years.


If you lived near me, I would share a cup of tea (or coffee, whichever you prefer) and show you what I have done. But since that isn't possible, I will post my few pages on here. I only have a few; scrapbooking takes patience and precision and I want it to be the best it can be.

This is one of my more "earlier pages." Since the paper says "Generations and Families are Forever," I made it with pictures of family members. One is four generations of females on Mom's side. One is my family with all of Mom's family (her parents and brother) One is my family picture. One is of myself and Garrett. Another is of Garrett and I with our paternal grandparents. And the last is of Garrett and I with our cousins.


Back in 2007, Dad and I went to a Boise State football game. Well, finding paper and decals is easy. I am really happy with this page and now I have a place for the tickets. You can't see the scoreboard picture that well, but BSU did win. =)


In the pages Mom has done, she has the beginning of each school year with some of our favorite things from that year. This is 12th grade. It is pretty simply, and you cannot see the writing on this picture. But I like the color scheme--turquoise, pink, and purple.

My senior picture page. In October of 2007, Dad took my pictures--instead of spending lots of money to get someone else. These are some of my favorite ones. The pictures on the left hand page, bottom left, was my main one. But it WAS hard to decide.


And this is the final page I have done. You will remember my blogging photos of my formal dress and diploma. Well, I wanted to scrapbook it. The black, red, green, and roses make it all very classy--or elegant--or formal.


So, there you have it. What I have done. It is a fun way to spend my time. Sure, it can be time consuming and tedious, but the knowledge that I have my pictures stored for times sake makes it all worthwhile!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ella! I LOVE the scrapbook pages! You do ten thousand times better than I could ever do. :) I do scrapbooking some myself, but it isn't very good. But your pages are amazing!
Thanks for posting!

~Madison

Anna Naomi said...

All of your pages look lovely! Thanks for sharing them! Scrapbooking is a lot of fun, though it does take time. You've done a great job with your pages!

Sharon said...

Cool! Those look beautiful!

Ella said...

Thank you all so very much. You are very sweet. Madisonm, don't underestimate yourself...but everyone is their own worst critic.

Julia said...

Hi Ella!

You have NOT been tagged. ;) But if you want to participate, there is a tag at my blog that I found to be fun. :)

I LOVE the pages! You are very creative. :)

Julia

Julia said...

Hey Ella,

Jasmine and I are going to post our mom's chili recipes and call it "The battle of the chilis" do you want to post your mom's recipe? :D

Julia

Ella said...

Julia, I plan on posting MOm's chili recipe. It will be interesting to see what others think....

And you are very sweet about my pages!

As to the tag....who knows =) The might come in handy for something to blog when I start back with heavy studies!

Kelsey said...

Oooo those are very nice! I love to scrapbook, it is so much fun especially when you're done with a page and it comes out very pretty.
Great job :)
Blessings,
Brooke

Ella said...

Thank you, Brooke! I just finished another one today with pictures of my brother and myself!

Neesie said...

Beautiful Ella! What a wonderful way to use your time. :-)