Thursday, October 02, 2008

Why Do I Always Seem to get Tagged?!

I am always getting tagged by people. Who starts the game anyway? All I know is that Jasmine and Madison tagged me now and I have to figure out 6 random things about myself. I feel like an open book--that many of you know about me already--or you have read in my archives things I have already said. But since I have new(er) readers, perhaps I can get away with it?!

So, I will list 6 or 7 random things about me and then I will be "wonderful" and tag some more.

1.) I do not like lightning and thunder. Perhaps it is because of the years I lived in Florida and you had the hurricane threats and things. Where I live now, we do not get much rain at all (we average 11 inches a YEAR.) But in the summer, we get dry lightning and thunder storms and even though I am in the house, I still don't like it.

2.) Up until recently, I was anti-coffee; I couldn't stand the taste of it. But once I got a hazelnut java chiller from Sonic....I was hooked. I love to get that icy drink on hot days! And now, I even ask Dad for a sip of his coffee. Who knows, when I go to Starbucks sometime, I might have to get something with caffeine in it.

3.) I have a bizarre tongue condition. I don't know what triggers it, but my tongue can break out in these red and enflamed shapes. It is painful! Then my tongue feels raw for a while. (Yet for those who know about it, I am in the clearing up stage =)

4.) I have no athletic ability in me whatsoever. I will take watching sports (my favorites being college football, gymnastics, golf, and baseball) over doing them myself any day. I am an indoor girl through and through. But don't get me wrong, I can be passionate about sports when the need arises =)

5.) Mom and I love to go to tea rooms together. The tradition has been established since 1998. We used to go every other month, but now it is a little less often. We each get a pot of tea and some lunch. It is a nice way to relax and have girl time.

6.) If I could go back in time to any period in the U.S., I would go back to the 1940's and 50's. I love the outfits back then!! Also, I wouldn't have to worry about the movies and tv shows that my kids watched. (Though if I had to go back to Europe, give me Regency England any day.)

7.) I still get asked if I want kids' menus! It is really annoying to go to a restaurant and see three adult menus in the waiter's hand! But because I am 4 foot 11 and a half, I get categorized as a twelve year old. I am learning to laugh at all the jokes my family and I make about it. (Like how embarrassing it would be if out to dinner with my fiancee, I get asked about a kid's menu, thinking I am his younger sister! Or how I just barely break the mandatory height requirement for car seats =)

Hopefully you learned something. I tag anyone who wants to do this. The choice is yours!!

12 comments:

Patti said...

Our favorite tearooms always have such lovely names, don't they? Windsor Rose, Sweet Dreams, Magnolia, Rose Cottage, Miss Tami's Tea Cottage. And how about the one we thought we'd like to name...Daffodil Lane. The names alone are so pretty and feminine...no wonder we like tearooms so much. They minister to our femininity.

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

The reason that we always tag you is because we love ya! :-D
Hehe, I agree. I love the 1940's and 50's. Those were the best times in history, in my opinion. Everything was simple, quiet, and fun. It just seems like a wonderful time period.

~Madison

Miss S said...

I love the 50's too! I wrote a post about it a few days ago, in fact.
-Miss S.

Jade said...

I'm so sorry about your mouth I hope it gets better soon! oh I would LOVE to go back to the 40's! I love all the dresses they wore=)
It's been alot of fun reading your andom facts thanks for sharing them.

Jade

Ella said...

Mom, tea rooms do minister to our femininity! And I love Daffodil Lane!

Madison, there is some bad in the 40's and 50's. You had the gangster stuff...plus you had to live through World War II.

Jade, I love the dresses!! I think they are the greatest!

Ella said...

Oh, Jade, I have been living with my tongue for years!! I am quite used to it.

Jessica McDonald said...

The SAME thing happens to me!! WHENEVER I go to a restaurant I'm not even asked if I want a kids menu...they just give me one! LOL!!! It can be quite annoying!! :-D lol!
But I guess I'm a bit taller than you...I'm 5 foot 1 inch. :-) But you're the same height as my Mother... :-D

It's just nice to know that I'm not the only one. :-D

Love,

Jessica

Ella said...

Jessica, it is wonderful to know I am not the only one!! And it is a great encouragement when I hear of short people getting married and having families! LOL!

Beverly said...

Ella, I had to let you know that waiters gave me children's menus until I was 25!! I used to be so embarassed by it :-)

Ella said...

Mrs. Beverly, is that supposed to encourage me?! =)

Anonymous said...

That's so funny about the menus! I'm 19 and EVERY TIME I go to the restaurant I get a kids menu.....I also get told that I don't look old enough to drive. :) I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one!

~Shannon

Ella said...

Shannon, the past two restaurant outings have been great. No kids menus!! =) But I do hang back.