Something has caught my eye recently.....and I want to hear what you all think and what your opinions are.
Regency Film Costume Class: If you love costume films--particularly Jane Austen adaptations--then this is the class for you! We dissect the costuming for six films (one per week), looking at issues including authenticity, methods, design vs. execution, and more. This class is especially meant for groups of friends to enjoy together. If you gather five or more people to take this class, you will qualify for a discount for each person. The cost for a single individual is $25, but if you have a group, you can each take the class for $15. [Note: immediate family members in the same household do not need to pay twice or make themselves a group; one registration is sufficient!] To qualify, I need to hear from the appointed group leader, who will need to provide the email addresses of all her group members. You need five people to qualify as a group. Please drop a line through my Feedback Form if you'd like to gather a group for this class, and I'll provide you the link to the group registration page. Otherwise, click the Paypal button below to register as an individual for this class! Click HERE for the class syllabus. The first 2009 session of this class is now open for registration. Lessons will run from January 19 through February 27. Past students who were unable to finish their lessons are welcome to join in on a future class without paying again. [Please note: The films themselves are not included in the price of the class; you will need to find those locally. Check your library or your video stores. If you can't find them there, try using Netflix or PeerFlix. Thanks!]
I have wanted to do this class before, but times never got worked out. Then I thought, "what a great way to get to know some of my blog readers better. I mean, who doesn't like Jane Austen?!" It's run by Mrs. Jennie Chancey who develops her own patterns. You can check out the website.
So, comment to me if it would work for you. Or comment if you have interest, but you want me to find out about other dates. Rest assured, it isn't sewing.....it's analyzing movies, and I do that all the time.....in my head =)
Let me know! I would love to get a group together!!
Friday, January 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Hey Ella!
I have given you two blog awards! Go over to my blog and check it out...then copy and paste the pictures following the same thing that I did~
Blessings!
Jenna
Post a Comment