Do you ever feel as if the internal waterworks never seem to get shut off? Are you the type of person who seems to get emotional, for good or bad, over every little thing. I don't know about the rest of you, but I definitely feel that way. Sometimes, I think I should invest some "stock" in tears--I would make a mint.
It seems as if my eyes have been red and puffy a lot these days. Tuesday was a bad day, let's just put it that way. In the morning I cried; in the afternoon, I cried even more. These tears were shed out of confusion, doubt, and even anger.
Last night, I cried as I listened to a speech. I was probably only one of handful who gave thirteen minutes of their time to an important political figure. These tears were ones of compassion and sadness....probably with a dash of apprehension for the future.
Psalm 56:8 reads, "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in Your bottle. You have recorded each one in Your book." None of the tears I have shed have taken the Lord by surprise, even in this age of tears being a sign of weakness.
I wrote in the margin of Psalm 56:8 back in August that "my tears do not go unseen. Praise Him." I believe tears are a gift from God. They show who we are deep down inside of us; it shows that we are flesh and blood with emotions, and not some idol carved out of stone. When He came down and embodied human flesh, even Jesus wept.
If your eyes are wet today, I hope you remember that one day, there will be no more tears and no more pain. And in the meantime, our tears are stored by a Father who yes, causes us to shed them----but only so they can be made into puddles of joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
Oh, that is one of my favorite scriptures! It's such a reminder of God's love for us!
I'd make a couple million out of 'stock' in tears. :) I get very emotional, too. Over silly things sometimes but sometimes at even the smallest thing. :)
Thank you so much for the post, Ella. It was very encouraging to me. :)
I love the part in Casting Crowns' Praise You in the Storm when they say "every tear I cried, you hold in your hand." God sees our tears...and he cares about every one of them.
I, too, wept as our dear President Bush gave his final address. I am one American who will miss him...and his courageous stand for the preciousness of the lives of the unborn.
Love,
Mom
I'm still praying, Ella. God does see your tears, and He does have a plan.
I have to admit... I don't cry often. For some reason I have never wanted people to see me cry. I've often retreated to my room when I felt tears coming to my eyes to get them under control, though sometimes I simply couldn't stop. Then I just wanted to be alone, for I hated showing those emotions around others. It's something I should probably get over, for often there is good release in tears.
There have been quite a few tears shed silently and alone as I wondered what to do with the future, as answers just didn't seem to come. But, God did see them, and He has been faithful. We both will learn trust these next few months!
Hi Ella...I wish I had been able to see President Bush's final speech. And I know what you mean about being emotional, sometimes uncontrolably.
I'm sorry Tuesday was such a bad day for you. I'll be praying that the rest of your week will go better!
Meghan, I am so glad that you were encouraged. Like you, I get sentimental over every thing!
Mom, yes God does care about every one of our tears.
Anna, I can't imagine not being emotional. There is great release in tears and getting all of those emotions out. Keeping things always bottled up isn't the greatest.
Sara, thank you for your prayers. Really, you should have watched the President's speech.
Post a Comment