Maybe your family is like mine.....or actually like we used to be. You like to watch movies; you aren't anti TV. The only problem is that you can find only so much to watch. After all, it is hard to find anything current that doesn't have raw sex or language in it. In fact, new movies that are good are few and far between. And you can only watch 1970'd Disney movies so many times, right?
Well, introducing Past Stars Online, a movie review site dedicated to classic movies from the 1930's, 1940's, and 1950's. Though it is only just beginning, you will discover reviews to many films you have undoubtedly heard of. Made apart are the "flaws" that can be found so you know what to expect.
I have gotten the wonderful opportunity to be a reviewer for Past Stars. For those who know me well, you know that I watch old movies as often as I can, and now I can have a chance to make them apparent to families. Maybe yours will find a classic gem (My family has, I don't know, dozens of them now =)
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
I love old movies too! I have even been able to get my husband into them. Now he says his favorite movie is Fiddler on the Roof (not so old but definitely a classic). I'll be checking out the site. Thanks for the link.
Actually, for newer movies that we are curious about we go to a website called kidsinmind.com. Of course it has info on all the movies we would NEVER watch as well, but the ones we are considering we can look up and see exactly what we are going to see if we watch it. It's particularly helpful for the movies that look family friendly but you're not quite sure on. Thanks again!
Hi Ella!
Why don't you try this and see if the RSS feed works:
1. stop following my blog
2. re follow it
I did this with my Mom's blog 'cause she wasn't getting RSS feed, and it worked. Let me know what happens:)
Your friend,
Jenna
p.s. We have the same background!
That's wonderful! Yes, that is like our family, we mainly just watch the old ones when we watch them, and the only newer ones we watch are ones like "Fireproof", "The Widow's Might" and "Facing the Giants". :)
~ Maria @ http://mariasblog14.blogspot.com
Ella,
Just wanted to let you know, Erin has been out of it for the past couple days. She had her wisdom teeth taken out on thursday. She basically been sleeping under the influence of pain killers. LOL.
This looks like a wonderful site, but for some reason it doesn't want to work for me right now. I'll have to check again later. :-)
Post a Comment