Sunday, August 16, 2009

Picture Tour

As I left Pittsburgh, Mrs. Gorecki asked for me to post pictures of my home...so she could see my "living quarters" that I was going home to. You all might like to see them as well, but if not, I know Mrs. Gorecki will be pleased =)
The exterior of my home. See, I told you it was vinyl siding and not brick. Brick homes are rare here.
Once you go in the front door--off to the right is our "formal" front room. The floral furniture is the furniture that God gave us. The chest....that's my hope chest.
My lovely, family antique, very unordinary piano. The only down side is that it doesn't have a full eighty-eight keys.

The kitchen. Isn't it big....or sorts? That door at the end of the hallway leads to the garage.

Our kitchen table. I know, red walls might seem odd. They aren't what we would have picked, but I love them now!


We have a split level house. Only a few steps separate levels. I like it much better than just a single level home.

Not the greatest picture....but Mom and Dad's room


Garrett's room. All boy!


My room. The color palate is pink, purple, blue, and white. My breadspread is a quilt made by my Grandma.



In my room is my bird, Juliet. And see all of my books! I think I have over two hundred in my room...and I have lots of pictures now on my shelves. My family and friends are surrounding me.


The back yard. You might think it looks green now.....but it will be gone sooner rather than later.


If you go down those stairs, you get to the family room. (See, Mrs. Gorecki--I got the family in a candid photo)


If I had a panorama on, you would have seen that Dad was watching TV (golf to be exact)

We also keep the computer downstairs. Sometimes, there seems to be a line to use the internet but it isn't too bad



The schoolroom. I don't know why my desk is so messy (It is the one in the corner) I don't do work down here.

The rather boring guest room--or the one that we will change for a future child


Nikki. She has a habit of laying with her back to everyone. It's like she is being anti-social

Ginger....isn't she sweet

So true!

12 comments:

Australia said...

Love the pictures! Very pretty home...the last quote is very true! I am very blessed! :)

~Sydney

Sue said...

Thank you, Gabrielle! I feel as I know it now...and the colors and decor make me feel right at home! Thanks for posting! Hopefully, someday we'll be able to visit in person! Love, Mrs. G

Neesie said...

Wonderful! We got to see your house...and a few of the family. ;-) I love how Nikki was looking at you in the one pic. She was like "please get out of my face with that camera..." :-)

Anna Naomi said...

I really enjoyed the "tour!" It's fun to see where you live. Your house is very lovely and homey! Your hope chest is also very pretty. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Patti said...

I'm with you on the red walls on the main level. I would NEVER have thought of that color myself. Too bold, I guess. But since the house came that way, we took them, and we've found that we love it. And with our lovely "gift from God floral furniture", they are perfect.

Love,
Mom

Abigail and Lydia said...

What a pretty home! I love the quilt on your bed, it is very pretty! I have read lots of the books you have on your bookshelf, esp. the Life of Faith ones!
I found your blog through Joyfully home, incase you are wondering! = )

Great blog, I will be sure to check it often.

In Christ,
~Lydia~

Anglican Mama said...

Hi Ella, I found your blog by hopping around! :) I clicked on the book Mountains of Spices, and it indicated that we had it in common, but it seems we have ALOT in common. :)
I also frequent YLCF, love Jane Austen, was raised in a Christian home that values modesty, courtship, and remaining at home until marriage. ;)
It was a joy stopping by and reading your blog...keep spreading the joy of the Lord as your strength!

Anonymous said...

Now I can picture YOUR home! The pictures were beautiful...your room is very 'you,' I think. :) I like your kitchen. ;)

...and your dogs look very sweet-maybe one day I'll get to pet them in person. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of your home. It is so clean, my favorite part of a house. I also LOVE your room, and all of the books on the selfs, ahh, isn't it great having all of those books to read in spare time. Its so much fun filling your book selves with great books. And I love the little saying in the last picture. :)

Jocelyn said...

Your home is...homey =)
...and that's the way it should be.
I love the quote at the end. I, too, am very blessed!

Sara said...

you have a beautiful home!

Anonymous said...

Cool I got to see where you live and where I would stay if I came to visit you.