Thursday, December 03, 2009

99.5 Percent Done!

Though it has become far too commercialized, Christmas is my favorite holiday. There is just something about turning on Christmas music, watching Christmas movies, baking too many sweets, and getting into the theme of things with buying gifts for people.

I have only just begun listening to Christmas music (let's see, I have got Celtic Woman, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, and Steven Curtis Chapman on the docket) And I haven't fully started watching holiday movies (except what I have gotten on the Hallmark Channel--and set up on Turner Classic Movies) The kitchen is always in use but "Christmas cookies" haven't been on the docket as of yet. But buying/making gifts for people.....that's a whole different story.

I was really off the ball this year. Golly, even my brother's birthday present didn't get here on time! And actually, only one friend got her birthday present this year and someone else got her wedding present. Now, if you ask anybody, that was super odd for me. Giving is one of the ways in which I love to show people I care; cards just won't cut it!

So, I resolved to be different. While no one will see high ticket items arrive in the mail (or sit under the tree) I wanted my dear friends to know just how much they mean to me--and so, twenty-two days before Christmas, I am 99.5 percent done. That missing .5 percent is because I am waiting to get two small items until next week =) Now, things aren't shipped or wrapped yet (I'm not that on the ball) but I am very happy with where I'm at.

Christmas is more than just presents, I recognize that. But just as God sent Christ to us in the form of a "Christmas present" to show us His love, so I do the same thing!

**So, tell me, how are you doing with your shopping/making? And do you enjoy this time of year for that reason?

2 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

You're doing such a great job! Me, I feel very behind. Musical preparations have taken all my sewing time, but I want to make so much for presents! We'll see if it gets done...

I really enjoy giving gifts, but we now draw names, so I only have to buy/make something for one sibling and one nibling, which makes things easier.

Sara said...

Oooh, I'm almost done too! Yippee! I am frantically wondering what my present will be... hmmm... :)