Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Post No One Will Read

I think that title sums up what I am about to write about. We all have something near and dear to our hearts......and yet, no one really shares that passion. It is usually a passion that is totally "out there"; it goes against who you are and who people think you to be. I am, without a doubt, no different from the rest.

I could have you guess the thing that gets me fired up for thirteen weeks. I love politics.....but that's not really active right now. What I have gotten all red in the face about, yelled at the TV about, turned into a not so feminine girl over is.........college football!!

Does that surprise you at all? Would it surprise you if I said I make sure I wear my Bronco T-shirt each and every game day (even on days when I don't feel so well) I tune into every game I can on the TV and afterwards, I yell at all the commentators. I could talk a whole different language about why I yell at the commentators, but you wouldn't get it,......so I won't waste my typing. Anyway, I follow my team every week......you can imagine how happy I was that we went 13-0 (that's undefeated)

And now, to top that off, my team--which isn't a well-known program like USC, Florida, Alabama, or Texas--gets to play in one of the big boy bowls. Now, I am not all that thrilled about the opponent, (since it isn't one of the top "elitist" programs) but it is better than nothing. And if we win, maybe that will shut our critics up =)

See, I told you. You wouldn't read that post. You probably couldn't even make sense of it. But I felt like writing it anyway.

13 comments:

Jenna said...

I read it:) My Dad likes football, and sometimes I *try* to watch it with him, but I usually end up in the kitchen chatting with my mom:)

Have a blessed week~

Patti said...

I'm not a no one, and I read this post. And, I hear ya, girl, I know what you're talking about.

Also, it's okay that you like college football. There's no law that says girls must not like sports.

Love,
Mom

Anna Naomi said...

I read the post (I always read yours!), even though I can't really relate. But you know what? That's okay! It's wonderful that we can have different tastes and yet still be great friends. And, it shows God's creativity in the passions He's put in different people.

If you can talk sports, you can often relate to people better. I usually don't have a clue about who won what, so can't really participate in the small talk people engage in down here regularly.

Neesie said...

I totally understood it! But then again I don't admit to being a very girly girl. :-) (My favorite color is black...not very feminine!) Anyway, I'm so happy for your team...I guess. My teams haven't been doing too well. Namely Notre Dame. (Goodbye Charlie!) Tebow and the Gators did well all season, but if you watched any of the game on Saturday you know that it didn't end too well. I have never seen Tebow cry like that before. :-(

Ella said...

Wow! To think that I have four comments on here! That's amazing!

Neesie, since you understand football, I can ramble a second. Actually, I am glad that Charlie is leaving--and I was devastated to see Tebow cry. I mean, I like Tebow (not Florida) and I can't stand Alabama.

Jenna and Anna, it is okay if you don't like football. But it does help if you can at least know a team or two when people talk about it.

Neesie said...

Yes, I'm not sad to see Charlie go either. Notre Dame needs something new and fresh...hopefully it will be better too! Tebow's tearful exit really wasn't what I was expecting on Saturday night but it was definitely justified. That game was a real letdown and I'm just sorry it had to be in his final year. :-(

Anonymous said...

HA! I read it-as I ALWAYS do. :) Sixth comment!

Love you. :)

Jessica McDonald said...

You make me smile, Ella! :D
I, as you know, prefer baseball, but I must say that football is interesting too. Not that I understand the game. lol. But it is kind of fun to watch! And nothing beats cheering and screaming for your favorite team!! :)

Love, Jess

Anna Naomi said...

*in a very shocked voice* You don't like Alabama!!!

Just kidding. ;-) I have no clue how their team is, but years and years ago when Elijah's friends asked who he went for, he chose Alabama (as opposed to Auburn) and that's who we've "gone" (in quotes, because we don't actually cheer for them or pay attention to games - it's just if someone asks) for ever since. =)

Ella said...

Meghan, my dear you are so very sweet. I am going into Pittsburgh withdrawls; I haven't talked to y'all in, like, three days!!

Jess, I do love cheering and screaming and yelling and retorting about the games. And I love getting your letter too!

Anna, yeah, I am not an Alabama fan, partly because I can't stand their coach. But if you know enough to know that they are going to the National Championship, you aren't doing so badly =)

Neesie, it was a lame game, wasn't it? I more or less expected Florida to put up a good fight.

Robert said...

I found that post interesting as I'm a male who doesn't watch or follow much sports.I will check the standings for a couple of hockey teams or watch some highlights on tv.

I'd rather watch a Jane Austen or a costume drama.

Julia said...

Tebow cried? *sniff!* how sad. :(

I don't keep up with college football much... hard to when we don't have a tv that gets any channels but the one we use for DVDs and videos... but I like the Gators and the Bulldogs. :)

See? I read the post! :D
Julia

Katarina said...

I read the post as well. :D

I am so glad to know I am not the only female in the world who yells at the TV or radio, and who sometimes get a wee bit upset at the commentators. lol

Though, for me it's mainly MLB, but I do watch a little College football, since doing baseball's off-seasons it's what's most enjoyable to watch. :D For me it's the University of Houston Cougars. :D Where my parents went and met, as well as the local team for the first 16 years of my life. :)