Monday, March 29, 2010

Secondhand Fashion Week--Day One: On Capitol Hill

Every once and a while, I think being an intern for some state senator or representative would be fascinating. You know me--the political nut =) This outfit is one that I would be proud to wear for such an event.


In the past year, red has become a favorite color of mine (goes with my political affiliations too ;-) When I found this skirt at the thrift store, I had to get it. And the shirt too; it's black with red, light pink, white, and tan polka dots so it can go with anything!
My shoes, alas, are not thrift store finds. I have enough of a problem finding shoes in my size at department stores!! And the jacket--it is one of my favorite pieces! Both of these items, however, were on the clearance rack. Yay!


  • Jacket by R.Q.C. Petite (bought at J.C. Penny)
  • Shirt by Amy Byer (thrift store)
  • Skirt by Maggie London Petite (thrift store)
  • Shoes by Jessica Spenser (bought at Shoe Carnival)

I do want to apologize, however, about my galsses. I forgot I had put them on the top of my head. Consequently, my hair doesn't look very "Capitol Hillish" Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

11 comments:

Bramblewood Fashion said...

Cute outfit, it is very Capitol Hill. :)

Jessica McDonald said...

CUTE! Oh I just love the outfit! And you look darling - yes, glasses and all! :D And I adore that shirt...

You look positively sophisticated. :)

hi said...

Love the look! I have always had a part of me that would love to try being an intern or Personal Assistant to someone... but a fashion stylist is more up my line. ;)

Sara said...

Cute! LOL, love the glasses :)

Beth said...

A very classy ensemble. :)

Ella said...

Ashley, thank you. I've never been to Capitol Hill...but I think it would fit in.

Jess, you know, since we're the same size, and if we ever wanted to share clothes, you could wear the shirt!

Amanda, thank you! You know, a personal assistant sounds great =)

Sara, you mean, the glasses I am NOT wearing =)

Beth, thank you!

Sara said...

Ella, you look so pretty!!! I love the outfits! =D

Lindsay said...

Awww.... you're so pretty, Ella!!
I *love* your sophisticated outfit. :)

Ella said...

Sara and Lindsay, you both are super sweet!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of you, Gabrielle! The outfit is so gorgeous! You must bring it when you come here. :) Love you!

Ella said...

Thanks, Meghan...and I probably will bring it with me. Who knows, maybe I will wear it on the airplane =) Love you too!