Friday, March 12, 2010

Song Saturday

I am beginning two new features on this blog--hoping that maybe it will spark some renewed interest in this blog (for readers as well as myself) First off, I will be doing "Media Mondays"--during which I will post a recommendation/review of a movie I will have watched the previous week. It might be new; it might be an old classic. You'll never know unless you read.


And then, I will do "Song Saturday." On those days, I will post either my current favorite song for the week, or a CD recommendation....something like that. So, even though it's Friday, I will start that feature this week.

I have been meaning to bring this CD to y'alls attention for quite some time. Steven Curtis Chapman is one of my favorite artists in the Christian genre and with each new recording, I find myself like it more. Some people seem to go backwards; he only goes forward.

"Beauty Will Rise" was born out of his tragic loss--losing his daughter Maria in a horrific family accident. Clearly evident with every song is his struggle, his trust, his belief, and the cycle repeats itself. Steven calls this CD his own "Psalms" and I couldn't agree with him more.

While I haven't lost a family member, I have had some struggles of my own within the past year. This CD seems to sum up so many of my feelings. I remember one day, Steven's song "Questions" totally could have been something I wrote. And yet, "I Will Trust You" never faded from my mind.

If you haven't even heard any song off of this CD, I'd advise your doing so. It ministers to my soul.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your new post ideas sound like fun, Ella! I really like Steven Curtis Chapman. You're right - most Christian artists go backwards and I end up liking there old CDs better, but his are all great! :)

Sara said...

hey missy!
I have been looking over your posts, and you do so get comments! I barely get any! Calm down :)

Anna Naomi said...

I've heard of the CD and really should get it. I've liked pretty much all of Steven Curtis Chapman's other songs!

Jennifer R said...

Awesome song! I some how happened on your blog... its great!