I was turned onto the group, "Celtic Woman," a couple of years ago. Let me tell you, I enjoy their recordings immensely. This quintet does a variety of music: traditional songs, more contemporary songs, Gaelic tunes, and even some instrumental ones. Some songs are more slow and haunting; others are upbeat and lively."Songs From the Heart" is their third recording....and perhaps my favorite. It's got a beautiful rendition of "Amazing Grace," new versions of "When You Believe" and "You'll Be in My Heart," and a beautiful song called "O, America!" I love to crank up the volume on my MP3 player when this CD is playing through.
And so, I heartily recommend that y'all give this CD, and this group, a try. I'd like to know what you think about it.











6 comments:
Oh, I love their Christmas CD! It's one of my favorites to listen to around the holidays. I haven't listened to any of their other songs, but I'm sure I'd love them. :)
Ooh, we love Celtic Woman here! Meghan looooooves it more than I do,. but I adore When You Believe (I used to sing that song when I was like 5 belting it out!)
Lindsay, their Christmas CD is spectacular....I forgot about that one for a moment =)
Sara, I can imagine you belting it out....did you watch in "Prince of Egypt" and that's why? =)
I have their Christmas CD, and Jubilee and I enjoy it. I'll have to check out their other music sometime... They have amazing voices and beautifully accompaniments!
As you know, I love this album and all their songs! :) I also love their piano arrangements-I prefer those to singing them. :)
Oh my gosh! I LOVE Celtic Woman! <3
I do like Songs from the Heart, but my favorite songs, are the more traditional ones - like Spanish Ladies, Suil la Ruin, and Dulaman.
Who is your favorite one of the group? I really like Mairead Nesbit and Chloe Agnew, but Lisa Kelly is really nice, too.
~ Katie
Post a Comment