Sunday, May 09, 2010

On Mother's Day

Life has been a roller coaster ride for me; I can admit that unashamedly and honestly. There are events in my life that I wish hadn't happened, yet because I experienced much spiritual growth out of them, I don't need a "re-do" moment. However, in the midst of the trials and tribulations, the tears and the pain, the highs and the lows, there have been a few constant things--one of which is my mother.

My mom is my nearest and dearest friend. While I long for the day that I can do typical things with girlfriends as most do, I know that these interim times have built a strong foundation between Mom and myself. Where would I be without her? I don't even want to think about it. She is one who gets me going each day.

Mom is a person who encourages my plans--like my desire to go to culinary school. She has graciously allowed my takeover of the kitchen (and also knows when to stay out =) Mom was never a person to tell me I was terrible at something--she let me discover that on my own (case in point: I have come to the realization that I cannot sing. Sure, I have a few good moments, but mostly, I am terrible; lip synching is the thing for me ;-)

But the thing I love the most is her constant belief and prayers for me. I have been going through a period of struggling with doubt, believing that nothing good will happen to me. But you know what? She is right there, reminding me of the nature of my Heavenly Father and that "weeping may last for the night but joy comes in the morning." It used to be that I would say these things to her--it's role reversal time, I guess.

I have been truly blessed by my mom. I love her so very much.

5 comments:

Patti said...

And I have been truly blessed by having you for a daughter. I love you with all my heart...and I always thank God for you.

Thank you for these beautiful words. I, too, rejoice in the relationship we have.

Love,
Mom

Lindsay said...

Awww... what a sweet post for your mom, Ella! I hope she had a special Mother's Day. :)

~ Love,
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Mother's Day, Mrs. G! Hope you had a wonderful day....aren't we so blessed to have our moms in our lives?! :)

Anna Naomi said...

It is a blessing to hear about your wonderful relationship with your mom! Praise God for the great influence and friend she is to you. I look forward to meeting you, Mrs. G, in a little over 2 weeks!

Lindsay said...

Hey Ella,
I just wanted to let you know that I've given you the "Beautiful Blogger" award on my blog. Check my latest post to see it. :-)

~ Love & Blessings,
Lindsay <3