Thursday, September 27, 2012

2012 Edition of Emmys "Fashion Police"--the Worst Dressed



Here we are--at the end of our journey. I appreciate all of you who have stuck with me through Parts 1 and 2 of my Emmy fashion recaps. If you couldn't tell, I do enjoy fashion ;-)

While there several successes on the red carpet Sunday, and a couple of honorable mentions, there were some who found a place on my worst dressed list. I only have a couple, so bear with me.

I hate to do it, but Michelle Dockery is on my list. Oh, how I wanted to see her on the red carpet. I was majorly disappointed by what she wore last year. I mean, Downton Abbey was gaining huge popularity back then; I wanted her to "show off" if you will. She didn't. And while this is an improvement over last year's showing, this outfit leaves to much to be desired. The gown looks wrinkled for one thing (it could use the benefit of an iron) and that illusion neckline is positively atrocious. (Emily VanCamp is one who did do it properly). I also hate the hair. I would have loved to have seen her hair down--just because I have never seen that look on her before. I just believe that "Lady Mary" has so much more in her than this!

It's probably fairly obvious why I hate Kat Dennings's look. Too much cleavage!!!! Now, I get that the girl is "well endowed" to begin with and I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is to dress those darn things. That being said, I don't think they need to be on display THAT much!! I fear a "nip slip" (or so the saying goes) could happen at any moment and personally, I would not want that happening! I will say this, the burgundy color is positively gorgeous on her, especially with her dark hair. And on this occasion, I like the darker makeup. It gives a bombshell vibe, which I can handle.....just not with your chest being shoved in my face.

The same goes for Heidi Klum (above right.) I'm going to say this--I absolutely, positively adore the light blue on Heidi. And her hair and accessories are also gorgeous. She is one beautiful woman, let me tell you. However, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm not sure how seasonally appropriate this dress is. It definitely feels early spring as opposed to late summer. And I also cannot take BOTH the thigh high slight and the deep "V" AND the sheerness of it. If I had to pick her keeping one of those elements, I would take the slit over everything else. I just think there is far too much going on where there doesn't have to be. She has just gone through a break-up; I can tell she is trying to send a message.....a little too loudly =)

I leave you with Julianna Marguiles (right). Sadly, the Good Wive actress never impresses me. I don't know why, but she doesn't. However, this is a look that leaves me, well, speechless. I do love seeing her in color of some kind; she usually goes for a monochromatic color palate in blacks and whites. However, and it is a big however, it looks as if she went to the upholstery store and bought some stiff brocade. Or she grabbed curtains off of some great-grandmother's curtain rod (and it doesn't meet with the same success as, say, Scarlett O'Hara ;-))  Add to it her hair being WAY too slicked back and severe......yeah, I am not a fan. One day, I hope I can be. But it definitely wasn't Sunday.

So, there you have it, folks. You won't have to suffer through another one of these until January and the Golden Globes. I promise ;-) But I do hope you had fun!

2 comments:

Rissi said...

Basically... these are not cool!

Charity said...

Oh, Heidi... why? First, the orange-y fake tan, then the diving neckline, which just shows how old she's getting, plus the slits? UGH.