I pride myself on being a rule follower. I'm one of those people who cannot stand when people snipe songs off of the internet or steal songs off of library CDs. As much as I would like to, I can't bring myself to do so.....
Until I come to Downton. I know it doesn't hit US airways and Masterpiece Theater until January, 2013, but it airs over in the United Kingdom this Sunday.....and I watch it then. I'm forever grateful to the person who told me away around little things like IP addresses.....because when it comes to Downton, I have zero patience. I must watch!
I decided, in the midst of all of the posts I am working on, to do a post all related to Downton Abbey. Granted, I doubt you will find anything new; it's all been recycled via other blogs and websites. Still, it would be fun to generate such discussions on my little space of the internet.
First we have the trailers!
My thoughts and observations on this viewing:
1.) I think the "wedding" we have heard so much about it Edith and Sir Anthony......we had better not get jipped out of Matthew and Mary
2.) Ethel (why is she back) has turned to prostitution....
3.) I cannot wait for the fireworks between Shirley MacLaine and Maggie Smith
4.) Branson has a very, very special place in my heart and it looks like he will be a BIG deal as we move forward
Now we have this fun interview!
Add in some random pictures ;-)
Unfortunately, because of Downton Abbey's move into the Dramatic category at the Emmy's, I do not see it winning many of the awards for which it is nominated (because as I can see it, Claire Danes has it locked up against Michelle Dockery and Bryan Cranston against Hugh Bonneville) However, its best chance is going to be in the Best Supporting Actress category.....I will be rooting for DA like crazy. I just don't have high expectations going in.
So I want to hear from you, get the ball rolling so to speak. What would YOU like to see happen in Season 3? What do you think WILL happen? And will you watch before January? ;-)













4 comments:
O.K., I don't know where I'd find it but I am sorely tempted to watch E1 and then patiently await E2 for DVD... it is just a thought though... for now. ;-D
Never fear, Mary and Matthew DO marry unless everyone (writer's / producers / cast) is totally lying to us in which case, yep, I'll be rather mad!
So... you will be emailing me after watching this and sharing your impressions... right!? LOL! (I am still waiting on my promised Revenge email also, girl. ;-D).
'Downton' always make a great blog subject - who could ever tire of it!?
I'd wait but... I dunno if I have the patience for that, particularly when Tumblr's gonna explode with the show as soon as it airs.
1. The wedding'll be Matthew and Mary, I think.
2. I think Ethel will get taken in by Isobel.
3. DITTO.
4. ... Branson. I wish I liked him better, but I'm not much for socialists and his "eh, they had to die" attitude toward the Russian royal family being slaughtered kind of soured me on him.
I am SO excited about this season! I won't be watching until it airs on PBS, but I've preordered the new soundtrack, the new companion book, and the first script book...so I'm definitely getting into the "spirit" of things!
Hello Ella,
I've really enjoyed reading your blog. I am so excited over Downton Abbey!!! I'll admit, I'm not planning to wait either. I'll watch it online before it comes to PBS, and then watch it again on PBS! :)
1. I'm very interested in what happens to Edith this season. She improved quite a bit in Season 2 and I do think she and Sir Anthony would make an excellent match.
2. Interesting idea. I can definitely see it.
3. Yes! Bring on the fireworks!!!
4. Oh yay, Branson and Sibyl! I'm really hoping the Earl accepts him and grows to like him. And I'm very eager to see Sibyl's baby!!
Mary and Matthew will always be my two favorite characters and I'm so happy they are finally together!!! I can't wait to see the wedding and their new life together and.... :)
Had you heard that a major character is rumored to die in this season? I'm hoping it's Thomas! And I would dearly love to see O'Brien turn against him. She still has room for improvement and I hope she gets better this year.
I loved reading this post and indulging on more Downton Abbey!! You can never have too much DA, IMO!!!!
Miss Melody Muffin
thesplendorfalls.blogspot.com
Post a Comment