Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Little Letters #2

Dear Weather--Why, oh why, must you change? I know that it is mid November and that I should expect these gray days and 40 degree temperatures. That does mean I have to like it though. There is a Kenny Chesney song that talks about wanting sand and not snow--it's getting to the time of year where that will be my anthem. So--I apologize to you ahead of time. Okay? Okay.

Dear Aragorn--Going back through the Lord of the Rings films as reminded me of something. I love your character. Here's the problem, though. I am supposed to be writing an article about the friendship between Frodo and Sam, not about how "greatness is thrust upon you." So please, make yourself less appealing as I watch "The Two Towers" and Return of the King."....at least for a little while. Maybe I'll get back to you at some point.

Dear New Shoes I Just Bought--You look gorgeous. You are red heels with a pointy toe. I feel like Grace Kelly when I wear them. But why do you have to be a pair that actually hurt my feet? I want to wear you frequently. SO STOP HURTING! I spent money on you for goodness sake!!

Dear Whole Foods--thank you for finally coming to my city. I'll be stopping by for a visit someday soon and yeah, drooling all over the food. And if you have fingerling potatoes and broccolini, ingredients I read so much about, I will love you forever.


Dear Carrie Underwood--THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY CITY IN FEBRUARY!!! I didn't think Boise was going to be on your concert tour--it wasn't the last time that I checked. But now it is and because it will be four days after my birthday, it's going to be my present from Mom and Dad. To say I am excited is a big understatement.

I'm also excited for you, Safe Haven. I read the book on which you were based.....and it was definitely one of the better Nicholas Sparks books that I have read. Now, Josh Duhamel, I have a love of you, so it only figures that I will go see this movie. We won't go on and on about how you added "a scene" that does not take place in the book--at least--not right now. All I know is that you come out in theaters five days before my birthday. Wow! My birthday week is shaping out to be pretty great. Now if only a friend would come out and enjoy it with me.....

Dear Revenge--Thank you for creating the Aiden character. A good looking dude with an accent?! How can you go wrong with that? Oh that's right--YOU CAN'T

Dear Candy Cane Lane--You are my favorite hot tea. And you aren't in stores except during the holiday season. I mean, Mom and I stock up and buy thirty boxes or so that can last us into the next year. Well, thank you for being back in stores again.
Ella

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Candy Cane Lane tea too! Last year I ordered a case direct from Celestial Seasonings. :)

Patti said...

I like these "little letter" posts. They are loads of fun. I am definitely with you on the weather and the candy cane lane. Plus, I am excited about Carrie Underwood...and I wish my own closed-in shoes weren't so uncomfortable.

Love,
Mom

Charity said...

Since you can't write about Aragorn, banish his awesomeness from your mind. ;)

Don't the best-looking shoes always hurt?!

Well, your birthday should be exciting. But Nicholas Sparks? Really? Aren't you tired of him torturing you yet?

Rissi said...

Love this, girl! I'd hoped to have another out this week and well, here we are... the week is nearly over! YIKES!

Enjoy Carrie Underwood! She was hilarious at the CMA's. :)

Cannot wait to hear more about Revenge nor can I wait to see Safe Haven. Seriously: can we go wrong with Josh and Julianne? Didn't think so.

Charity: Nope, we aren't tired of Sparks torturing us. Yet. (Please, ignore our whining!)