Tuesday, March 05, 2013

OH MY EYES!!! AKA The Worst Dressed at the Oscars



Here it is--the last post in my Oscars Fashion Series. Hope I haven't bored y'all too terribly ;-)

Brandi Glanville has no reason to be at the Oscars. I'm sorry, but the Real Housewives has no business being on TV, yet alone having representation on a red carpet walked by the likes of Grace Kelley and Audrey Hepburn. Yeah. That's how I think. Brandi is wearing one of her own designs.....and oh gosh, it deserves the trash heap. It is wrong on SO many levels. There is too much boob action going on. The slit, which not too horrible, is totally unnecessary with all of that skin up top. It looks ill fitting and really, NUDE? Don't get me wrong, I like a flesh toned dress every once and a while, but with so much skin as it is, do we really need the illusion of further nudity? Yeah--someone who is trying to be a Somebody is trying way too hard for attention. She got what she wanted--it was just for all the wrong reasons.

Yep. You all knew she would wind up on here. Anne Hathaway wore Prada and I was left was such......blah feelings. Firstly, it was ill fitting; it made me chest way too pointy a la Madonna ;-) The color is boring. And the necklace clashed, either with the high neckline from the front or the open, split hemmed back. I do like her hair, which trust me, I haven't liked too much of late. Supposedly the story goes that Anne was going to wear a Valentino gown, but when she heard it would resemble a dress too closely to that which a costar was wearing, she went with plan B. Oh trust me, I have seen a picture of the Valentino dress--it was gorgeous. Anne could have wound up on the Best Dressed list.....but she didn't on this occasion. I am ready for her to wow me once again. Sadly, I'm not sure if that is going to happen any time soon.
Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra is one that I call Dead Woman Walking. Seriously, will this girl ever look happy, alert, and awake?!?!?! This dress is just BAD people. It doesn't fit her well,  it looks as if it is about to slide off. Her hair looks like a combination of "I just got out of the shower" and "I just rolled out of bed." Even the necklace is cockeyed. And watching this girl present--she spoke with a deadpan voice and kept looking at her feet. This girl cannot act and frankly, they should have someone else presenting at the awards. Yes, color me not impressed. I never have been and I never will be.

Another one I will NEVER be impressed by is Heidi Klum in Julian Macdonald. Will this woman ever wear something to cover her top half?! I mean, gosh, she is screaming for....uh.....you know where I am going with this. I don't even like the hair. The day Heidi doesn't try to A.) look like a slut or B.)look like a disco ball, maybe I will give her the time of day. But she wound up on my Worst Dressed Golden Gloves list and now she is on this list. I think she is going to be a staple on her. And I shudder to think that she is now going to be on America's Got Talent. Will she dress like this on primetime TV?!

The woman I am dying to see do better is Melissa McCarthy in David Meister. Sigh. I know she is a curvy, plus size girl....but I want her to take some hints from Octavia Spencer--who knows how to dress for her body type. This color is the most unflattering on Melissa and the ruching on the skirt hits her at her widest part. You want to draw attention AWAY from your problematic parts, not have them be glaringly obvious. I'm not sure the solid color did her any favors either. Sigh.

So there you have it all!! Another fashion season done =D
Ella

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Ugh, ugh, and ugh again. And also ugh.

WHAT the earth was Brandi Glanville thinking? It reminded me of the whole fiasco over Celia's dress in The Help...except poor Celia's was an innocent mistake. This was just...gahhhhhh.

And Anne's dress was just TOTALLY awkward. When I first saw it I was just like...you've GOT to be kidding me. And that all was clarified...just ill fitting. But still extremely awkward.

Loved this all, of course. Can't wait till next year. ;)

Rissi said...

Whoa! These are some horrible, sad cases, Ella. ;)

Melissa, uh-uh. Bad.

Anne, not good AT ALL. That alternate gown was above and beyond incredible - so much more attractive.

Heidi Klum, what else can be said!? Ew!

Kristen Stewart, yep you said it best! That was bad. Golly she looked like a zombie. Her actions were somehow "off" also.

Brandi Glanville. Don't know this lady but yeah, that is BAD.

With all these stars resources you'd think they'd look awesome! Plus someone like Anne Hathaway was a nominee so one would guess she'd have double the reason to look sensational. Loved this series, Ella. :)

Charity said...

Wow... just... wow.

Brandi: BOOBS. How does she even keep them from falling out? Does that hurt?!

Anne: WHY, ANNE, WHY? It was your BIG MOMENT and you went with a boring, matronly dress?!

Kristen: ahahahaha, I totally think she's stoned 99% of the time. And for the record, she does the deadpan voice in her movies too. Maybe that's why I hate Bella so much.

Heidi: yes, we know you were an underwear model. Now, how about wearing a dress where you can also wear some underwear?

Melissa: ... oye, I can't even... that is just... BAD. Also... wow, need to diet much? <- mean

Patti said...

The worst of those are Heidi and Blandi. Too bad they don't realize it is possible to be sexy without being trashy...without having their bodies nearly completely exposed.

The way they are both dressed is degrading to women!!