Another week of fashion and another week of winners (at least in my mind). I really hope you aren't getting tired of these posts. I know I'm not getting tired of them at least. LOL
Third week in....and Emmy Rossum in Naeem Kaan is one my blog yet again. Seriously, does this woman ever make a misstep in the fashion department? What I love about Emmy is the vintage feel that I always get from her. While this isn't completely Flapper-esque, I do get a 1920's vibe from it--probably because of the beading/sequins and pattern. I love the red dress and lip, the loose locks....it is just overall gorgeous. Am I right? ;-)

**********************************
For once I am on board with something Jennifer Lopez is wearing. You see, I'm not the biggest J.Lo fan. I didn't think she was that great of a judge on American Idol (CRITIQUE LADY!). I do not understand her fascination with her boy toy (aka her way younger boyfriend). And she, well, she normally dresses like a slut. But not on this case. Jennifer looks chic and feminine. In fact, I would totally wear this outfit to work. From the white pencil skirt, to the pink top and nude pumps, it's put together and age appropriate. I know J.Lo is probably afraid of being perceived as the "old woman", but if she does this, she won't have anything to be worried about. Not that she is listening to me.
************************************************
I only know Darby Stanchfield slightly (from a guest appearance on Castle.....I think). However, when I saw this Georges Hobeika gown, I immediately fell in love. You see, I love sparkly gowns that scream vintage, I love red hair....it's a win all the way around for me.
I will say that now that I pay more attention, I find a lot of modest gowns on the red carpet. No, there is still a lot that I hate, but classiness does exist. I applaud actresses who bring it to the forefront.
**************************************

Hailee Steinfeld in SportMax is so cute in this electric blue dress. I enjoyed seeing her make her red carpet debuts back when she starred in "True Grit"--and I continue to be happy when I see her. I positively love her hair. The color on her looks flawless. My only gripe is that the shoes and the clutch are the exact same color as the dress. Now, I'm not sure what color I would do to change it (definitely do the clutch in black), but Hailee is definitely walking a fine line of being two matchy matchy---but I will not hold it against her.
She looks too cute!
*******************************************January Jones in Mary Katrantzou is wearing a patterned dress--and I personally believe patterned dresses are HARD to pull off. Prints can sometimes be too big or too bright, but this one look nice. Again, this dress is vintage and fits the fact that she is in a TV show called "Mad Men" ;-)
Her hair is also really cute. I do wonder what she would look like as a brunette......yet I do think she should keep being a blonde. Her costar, Elizabeth Moss, went blonde instead of being her usual brunette and I am not sure how I feel about it.
Anyhow....
*********************************************
There is a website I read that has exposed me to some Chinese actresses and their fashions. Man, some of them have impeccable style and class. Jian Tian in Georges Hobeika Couture is STUNNING. As soon as I saw this, my jaw hit the floor. This gown is amazing!! I love the subtlety of the flowers, the ballgown nature of it...I cannot find a flaw.Oh wait, I would love to see what the total package would have been had she worn her hair up. I think the gown would have made even more of a statement. That being said, her hair is lovely....
********************************************

Another gown I adored this week was Patina Miller in Zac Posen. As soon as she walked up the Tony Award stage to accept her award, I was in awe of the way it flowed. Does that sound dumb? Liking the way that a dress flowed? Because this one had a gracefulness to it. The pattern is also subtle giving the gown more opportunity to stand out.
Zac Posen is one of my favorite red carpet designers. He just has a way of making these amazing gowns made for award shows.
Side note: I ADORED the Tony Awards. Say what you will about Neil Patrick Harris's personal life (and I will go on record and say it is one of the greatest tragedies that he prefers men over women), Neil should host every stinkin' award show! HE WAS AMAZING! But I will go more on that later. ;-)
******************************************************
Natalie Dormer in ALICE by Temperley is a gorgeous girl. She has very distinct facial features that have her stand apart--and she was GREAT in "The Tudors." I like this dress, yes, but I love her accessories more. Her shoes are SO great. I want to add them to my wardrobe--if only they weren't so much money. And I love her hair and makeup. It is carefree and easy and effortless. It is a perfect look for a screening.*****************************

Last but not least is my girl Stana Katic in Max Mara. Jumpsuits are near impossible to pull off; I don't even want to attempt it on myself. But this burgundy color looks great on Stana's skin tone. Since Castle is currently on hiatus, I have to take whatever red carpet appearances I can get. While I love the one shouldered top, the draping effect borders on something from Star Trek.....and I don't even know where to start on the Grecian crown. It does not go with the outfit.
***************************
So there you have it. Another week. What do you think?














4 comments:
I don't actually pay much attention to the world of fashion, but I LOVE your posts! The dresses on Emmy Rossum and Jian Tian are amazing -- I would love to be able to pull them off!
Natalie Dormer is sickeningly gorgeous all the time -- I don't know whether to love or hate her.
Oh la-la!
How cute does Stana look!? Darby looks really pretty (saw her in several NCIS episodes) and Natalie looks lovely.
Don't much care for Jennifer either but she does look nice!
Weekly red carpet fashion posts- what a great idea!!! I love following red carpet fashion!
Emmy has a fantastic sense of style. Very rarely do I dislike her choice of outfits.
I almost never even LOOK at what J. Lo is wearing anymore. But this blouse is cute.
I adore Georges Hobieka's designs!!
Hailee has some very cute outfits. I agree though- I'd have chosen a black clutch.
Wow! January's dress is certainly unique!
YES!!!! I LOVE seeing Chinese actresses on the red carpet!!!!! (Truth be told, I look forward to them more than I do most American and British actresses.) That. Gown. Just. WOW.
Zac Posen has a unique style. While he isn't my favorite red carpet designer (that honor goes to Elie Saab and Georges Hobieka) I have found myself liking several of his gowns recently.
I'm not sure yet whether I prefer Natalie Dormer as a blonde or a brunette. One thing is sure- she looks good either way.
I LOVED this post, Ella!
Post a Comment