I know you all are asking for pictures. Seriously, I want to put them on here, but they are taking forever to download. Maybe I am just not having enough patience or something. I don't get how they take so little time for Garrett and yet forever when I go to post some:)
Well, I am post four days from my previous post. That could be a record! It has been a great few days. I am sure you are all tired of my talking about piano lessons, but, that's some of my excitement. They went well, but they pretty much always do. Mrs. Wierenga NOW is talking of my doing Mozart at the Sonatina Festival, which is on a higher level than the one I usually do. (I guess I am not butchering Mozart, since she thinks me capable of doing that high level.) I am all for it. I like the idea of doing an additional festival/competition in addition to the one I do every spring. I think with this one, though, I would be extra nervous. However, we will just wait and see. Perhaps nothing will come of her talk.
Mom and Dad got to vote in the primary elections Tuesday too. I wish I could. So many people abuse their freedom to vote, it's sad. There are others who would die to have even the opportunity to freely pick their choice. Life seems so mixed up. Those who can't vote, want to, and those who can, don't. Voter turnout is always low. Anyway, I won't get to vote in November of this year, but I will get to do the primaries in '08. Yippee!!! I can wait to drive, but I want to vote very badly. It's a freedom, as well as a privilege, and I don't want to abuse it, or take it for granted.
Yesterday, we took a meal to the Spencers's, as Mrs. Spencer had a baby boy Tuesday morning. I couldn't overly tell what he looked like, but his name is Cameron Charles Spencer. I bet as soon as he can walk, Mr. Spencer will be teaching Cameron how to throw a football or a baseball:)
Tomorrow is Friday. Garrett, Dad, and I are going to the Sterling's for the youth night with our church. I wish Mom was coming too, but she said she needs to grade schoolwork. (such as History;) We are going to have a cook-out, and play games. I know that means volleyball, which I absolutely stink at. I wonder if I will even attempt to play, or if I will save myself the embarrassment. No, no one would make fun of me; I just would feel extremely uncomfortable. But, we'll see.
Saturday, I hope to go to breakfast with Dad. I look forward to doing those things. I think it is only far, because for the next three Saturdays, Garrett and Dad will be doing guy things. Monday, we are having a Memorial Day barbeque with seven families from the church. It is going to be a packed house. Hopefully, it will be sunny. I am soooo looking forward to it. If I can ever get this wacky picture problem figured out, I intend to post some. That way, you can "see and meet" my precious family and freinds. God has richly blessed me with each and every one of them. I don't know what I did to deserve them, namely my family, yet my wonderful church family too. God truly does beyond all we can ask or think.
Something scary happened today. Nikki got out of the fence, and none of us had any idea where she was. I just had visions of finding a dead dog or something of the sort. Yet, I prayed, and the Lord was watching out for her. She wasn't far from home at all, yet with her beagle nose, she definitely could have been. Also, she wasn't on a busy street; she got out the back fence. Still, it could have been bad. I thanked the Lord that we have Nikki back safe and sound.
Nana and PopPop come on Tuesday. I haven't seen them in about three years. I am looking forward to it. I don't think I will be able to post when they're here, but I will right before the come. Perhaps, you will find pictures of the previous day and an itinerary of what we plan to do with them:)
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











4 comments:
Haha; we used to go to a church where the kids would play volleyball every Sunday. I was never any good at it, but they were all nice to me and helped me.
In that case, we should both be on the same team :-)
I was never any good at volleyball either. It's fun, and I like it, but I'm REALLY crummy!! (You must have gotten my gene!)
Think you'll make it over the net? Ha ha, just kidding.
Post a Comment