Monday, May 22, 2006

You all don't have to wait so long for a post this time. I have a few spare minutes, so I thought I would update you all on what's up! It feels nice posting right away.. sort of. Anyway, I do try to get on this blog, but I guess I need to have specific days like Garrett does or something.
About the movie that I mentioned in my last post. It was Pirates of the Caribbean, and I didn't freak out!! It was a really good movie (plus there was no language or sexual content. How rare that is nowadays!!! It was sooo nice!!!) Anyway, I was really into the movie, and I will see the second one. It was also nice having time with Dad and Garrett watching tv. That might sound weird, but it's true. So, I am forced to admit, my friend was wrong, and Garrett's friend was closer to the mark. That is what is odd.
Saturday, we did some weeding aroud the house. Boy, could we use it!!! There were some really prickly ones that I asked Dad to get. They hurt even with gloves on. I am not sure what else we did until the night time. In exchange for getting to watch a movie on Friday, Mom got game night Saturday night. We played this game called Africa in 10 Days, or something around that. The family has liked it alot; we've routinely played it.
Church was yesterday, and I was upstairs with the kids. How I enjoy that. But I do miss hearing Pastor Jeff preach. I was the only helper in the class, so that made for a rather hectic, semi-chaotic, morning, but I wouldn't change anything about that. Each one of the kids is special in his or her own way, and I like them all. Some, maybe, more than others. We ran some errands after church, got home at 3:00, only to leave at 5:30. Oh well. It was fun as always. The Word is preached in a wonderful, truthful light, and the atmoshpere is one of a family. How I continually thank the Lord for all that he has done in giving me such a place of worship!!!
Tomorrow is Tuesday, which means our busy day. Mom has to go vote in the primaries (wish I could:) then I have a haircut, probably nature study, piano lessons, and I don't know what else. We won't get home until rather late, which is a bummer, but I have to deal with it. Besides, we only have it one day a week anyway.
The weather here isn't overly pretty today. It has been raining or drizzling on and off the past few days. The lilacs are gone, but that is made up in the beauty of the roses! Maybe, if I will have patience with our internet connection, I will post pictures of them. Also, I plan to do some of our Memorial Day picnic too. (More on that later!) Bye for now!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The lilacs were soooo beautiful for the 3 or so weeks they were in bloom. Sure wish they lasted longer!! But, the roses are gorgeous, and we should be able to enjoy them for a couple months at least.

Shifty said...

Man, i am never able to post that long! Stinging nettles? I hate em too. We are going to all have to go see that movie together cause if we don't, it won't be as funny! The best way to see a movie is to see it with people you really know. Why don't you like the rain?? I walked around for a long time in it. Ok, my comment is getting longer than my post now so i must say goodbye.

Ella said...

Do you always comment this long?!!

Ella said...

Oh, Mom, I am looking forward to enjoying the roses too!

Garrity G. said...

Long post. Long comments. Sweet movie. Pirates could easily be my favorite movie of all time. Yeah Shifty, we need to watch it together while downing cases of Dew or VAULT. The rain does rock, except when it ruins your plans. Now my comment is long too.

Garrity G. said...

So, when are the pictures coming??

Alice said...

Seriously. I want to see pictures, too.