Greetings and salutations from Idaho where the temperature is 105 degrees outside. Whew!!!! Today was our running around day, and as the car doesn't have air conditioning, it was a bit difficult. Garrett and I got right home and washed Mom's car. ( and ourselves too!) That was refreshing. Tomorrow, we intend to go swimming somewhere with the Sterlings. That will be fun. However, the last time I went in some "funny" water, I got leeches on me. Gross!!!!!! I definitely don't want that again.
I am not sure what has happened of excitement this past week. Oh, yeah I do. Does anyone know what to do with jelly that didn't jell? Use it as ice cream topping. It is yummy. Mrs. Best gave Mom the idea, and it was sooo good. Unfortunately, they couldn't have any with us, but the Lavourantes did. The liked it too. ..I think.
People are interesting characters. Yesterday we received in the mail something we had ordered, and it was pirated. I really have no desire to watch a movie that is in Japanese and has Japanese subtitles on the bottom of the screen. I was upset with the sender at first. I will give her the benefit of the doubt, that she didn't know, but still. Isn't it sad that people would even consider that in the first place? We live in a messed up world. I would never think about deceiving someone with anything.
The harvest is going well. I think we are making jam again tonight. The raspberries are ripe, and the apricots are getting there. The Lord was truly the Lord of this harvest. I wish, though, that the apples and peaches didn't have something worng with them. Hopefully, Dad can get the problem under control. Those are two of my favorite fruits. I used to not like cherries, but they are growing on me. Rhubarb is good, and apricots (dried) are ok, but I DO NOT like plums and/or prunes. Yucky!!!! I don't know wht I don't like them. Maybe it's their texture, or perhaps it's something else. I won't complain, or at least, I will try not to. The Lord put them on this earth for a reason.
My book is soooooo good. I can hardly put it down. I think Mom is going to let me read two or three at a time, but that's it. She said that when she read the series, she was engrossed as I was. Dad still enjoys it; I get him a book in that series, or another one by the same author, every Christmas, birthday, and Father's Day. He doesn't seem to mind. (It's not always those two; it's some form of book;)
I had better close. I need to go help with dinner, and then, cherries await. Bye!
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
It isn't the flavor or texture you don't like; it's the memories you have concerning them.
That's a good point. I think you would have them same problem if you had eaten them a TON!
You know, I was never a super fan of cherries either. At least not sweet cherries just off the tree. I liked cherry pie, etc. But I, too, am enjoying all the things we have been making with the cherries.
And the apricot I had tonight was delicious. They are just about ready. Get set for more jam and drying.
Yippee!!!!! (That was half heartfelt and half sarcastic.) I am not complaining by any means, but it is hard work.
A long time ago, my sister and I were very slowly eating a plum at the table because we didn't like it but couldn't get up from the table until it was finished. I don't know if I really didn't like them or if I was just following my sister's example, but ever since then I have not tried another plum.
Post a Comment