Thursday, July 27, 2006

I am soooo sorry everyone. I said I would post yesterday, and I didn't. I am bad at this. Anyway, I will try to finish all that I wanted to say now, but I do have to go and make some huckleberry scones. So.... where did I leave off?
Oh, we got to the campsite, after a dinner in Sandpoint and grocery shopping, and set up. For once, the guys didn't go fishing, if I am remembering correctly. We set up the camper and just walked around, seeing the lake and things like that. Even though we were camping in Pacific Time, we stayed on Mountain Time, and it wasn't a problem. It got dark earlier there than I expected; big difference from here in the valley. Not only that change from home, it was still warm up there. I was thinking that since we'd be in the mountains, it'd be cool. Yeah, right! Come to find out, it was hotter down here while we were gone, but still, it was rather weird.
Every morning the guys would get up and leave to go fishing for several hours. That's the way it always is. Some mornings I heard them leave, other times they were more quiet. While they were gone, Mom and I would eat breakfast and then read and do cross-stitch. By the time they would get back, it would be nearly lunch time, but they wouldn't have eaten much. So, they would do that, and then, for a few hours, we would do something together. The first day, we took Nikki for a walk on one of the trails. It was strenuous at times, and then, like I said, it was hot. So, the walks not only wiped us out, Nikki was tuckered too. Thankfully, we brought along some water bottles. I wound up giving in to the temptation of dumping some on my head. Not very lady like, but I needed to cool off.!:)
Another day, we took a drive. I think we G's are known for that. This time, we went up to Priest Lake. You have seen the pictures already. That was the trip where we went huckleberry picking. I was excited to do that. Surprise #2! It takes you forever, and it was hot, so it made the work difficult. I think we all enjoyed it though. We are still enjoying them now. (It's that fruit I am going to use with my scones.) We all were very careful, and kept our ears open for bears, snakes, and child abductors. That was my main concern. We also made sure we never got too close to an edge or something. The last thing we want is to go tumbling down an embankment. It was also on that expedition that we discovered another campground we might go to. I am in favor of it. The water is warm to swim in. Again, we were surprised, especially when we toched river water, and it was freezing!
Another day we went the opposite direction in Idaho and went around Lake Pend O'relle (I am not sure if I spelled that right. But the pronunciation is ponderay.) It was nice, but I think we all liked the other drive better. I liked that we got to out to luch and eat on a floating restaurant. That was unique. Mom felt queasy at times, and I would get a little dizzy, but nothing happened, We all really liked the food.
Evenings were spent the same way the mornings were. The guys caught fish, Mom and I stayed around the campsite, and then we played games. One night, we had a campfire. Mom really likes those. For a joke, we held hands and sang Kum Bi A (hehehehehehe) Dad filmed it; I was cracking up the entire time, so you can hardly hear me. Plus, we were way off key.
The only side note of something we did was get sugared stuff galore. But I have mentioned that before. So, I won't again.
Sunday, we left, getting a little bit of a later start than we had intended. Oh, well. We didn't make it back to church, like we had hoped. Everything went fine the first part of the trip. Then, we had to get gas and eat. So, in Lewiston, we got gas, and went to Arby's. There, we ordered, Garrett getting a southwest chicken chipotle sandwich. We started eating, when, all of a sudden, I looked over and saw Garrett staring at his sandwich. He showed it to Dad and asked if that was raw chicken. Dad said it was, and boy, Garrett spit out what was in his mouth fast. As Dad went to show the sandwich to the manager, Mom and I were talking about if he would get salmonella, and what we would do. We said he could throw up into the cherrio box if need by. Well, Dad got a refund, and we left. Thankfully, Garrett never did throw up, but I bet he weill think twice before he orders another one of those sandwiches.
Problem number two came next. We started driving, and we felt the car chugging. Dad was confused, but then the engine died. He started it, but by then, we all were on edge. The truck had done this before, but we were least expecting it again. We thought the problem had been corrected. It died a few more times, andwe weren't sure if we could go on, at least Mom wasn't. Dad got fuel injector, and saying bunches of prayers, we headed down Whitebird Pass, about 3,000 ft. Mom was edgy and scared to death, Garrett was fine, Dad was tense, and I was gripping the seat and praying with every turn. Praise the Lord, he got us down. After much deducing, Dad thought the front fuel pump was going, so we always used the rear pump, and we got back home safely. Now, the pump is fixed, and hopefully, there will be no more issues.
So, that's the gist of our vacation. I must admit, it's good to be home. You don't realize what you miss until you're gone. Family, yes, is most important, but there were other simple things, like blogging, my church, my room, etc. that are special too. I must get off. Perhaps tomorrow I will talk about the rest of my life!

13 comments:

Garrity G. said...

You left out two very important things. the first being that Dad and I fished at the restraunt. The second being that I did eat half of my sandwhich before I realized it was raw.

Ella said...

My apologies, but now, everyone knows!

Alice said...

It's always nice to come home after a vacation. It's nice that it is that way, or else we'd never want to return to regular life!

Shifty said...

Mmmmmmm! Raw Chicken!! My favorite!!!!!!!

Anna Naomi said...

Sounds like you had a fun vacation! Camping is always fun... it's something my family and I do often. A few years ago we went on a month long trip all the way to California and back stopping at a total of 13 national parks, and going through 13 differents states! We mostly camped, but every once-in-a-while we had to stop at a hotel, for most camping spots didn't have showers! Anyways, glad you had fun, and I know what you mean... Home is so nice after being gone for a while! =)

Garrity G. said...

I don't care who knows.

Ella said...

Interesting isn'r it? Girls talk about the advantages of home, while guys talk about raw chicken. Odd! Anyway, glad you all have left your opinions. I agree with each one of you!!

Anonymous said...

He didn't eat half of the sandwich. Maybe only a few bites or so. The ladies were so kind as to let us fish so much. My hats off to them.

Ella said...

Thank you, kind sir. uh, Dad!!! It wasn't too much of a problem.

Garrity G. said...

I ate half of the sandwhich, but maybe only a few bites were raw.

Garrity G. said...

When are you going topost again?!?!?!

Ella said...

Today!!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

I think one of the reasons for that big difference in guys and girls is that so clearly girls are to be homemakers! It shows through so clearly even when we talk about the things we enjoy, our differences, etc., and God made us that way according to His precepts, plans, and will. Neat, huh?