Ok, I am on my way to fulfilling what I said I would do. I am posting two days in a row. I figure that I will run out of things to tallk about, but then I will be out of touch for about seven or eight days.
Today was ny final day of 10th grade. Wow! It is hard to believe. I spent two hours and ten minutes writing a four page report on Robert E. Lee. (I'll talk about that in a minute.) I wanted to get to my report on Abraham Lincoln, but there wasn't time. It was around 4 o'clock, and I still had dusting to do. So, that will have to be done over the summer. Disappointing, since I wanted to be entirely done, but perhaps it will be on Mom's desk by Friday or something. Ok, now about my report.
I learned something about Lee that I did not realize. While he detested slavery, Robert did see negroes as inferior and that they were better off as slaves in America than free in Africa. Is that weird logic or what. I was a little upset to read that. Lee seemed so great, and he still is, but I liked my picture of a slavery-abhorring man better.
Not much else is new. Garrett and I are watch the Major League All-Star game on tv. I am rooting for the National League. (In case you didn't know, I am an Astros fan. I have never been to Texas, except driving through, but they are my favorite team in baseball.) So, despite the fact that only two guys from my team or playing, I will always choose the National League over the American League. And, my side is winning, but only by one run. I have watched baseball enough to know that the game isn't over until it's over. Tomorrow, I'll let you know who won. You probably could care less, but I will mention it anyway:)
Tomorrow is Roaring Springs! I am excited. I wonder if I will run into anyone I know. I am not looking forward to seeing skimpy bathing suits and boyfriend/girlfriend behavior, but being with like-minded friends will help. I probably will get a sunburn, despite the fact that I will wear sunscreen. That always happens.
Ok, I don't think I have anything else to report. So, this is a short post, but at least I posted, and you know what is going on in my head right now. Hopefully, I will be able to post for third day in a row. Wouldn't that be something?
Oh, did you know that pesto pizza is really good? Mom made that for dinner. Boy, was the crust crispy!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











11 comments:
Yeah, pesto pizza is REALLY good. Congratulations on your last day of tenth grade!
Do NOT believe everything you read. That book you got your info from was probably written by some lost filthy Yank. Lee was a good guy. Them Yaks weren't
Watch it!!!!!! However, I read it in more than one book, so it has to be true.
Thanks for the congrats, Alice. You are a senior now!! Wow!
I think you are right about Robert E. Lee.
Ok I was wrong. But that still doesn't change the fact that I love the CSA. Confederate States of America if you didn't know what that meant.
Yeah, I wonder how different our country would be if the confederates had won.
ABSOLUTELY!!
It would probably be two different countries. Could you imagine that?
That would be very strange. We probably wouldn't have many or any of the states added to the union after the Civil War, either.
That's true. Who's to say? Only God knows.
You like the Astros??!??! How cool is that! I used to live (for 12 1/2 years of my life-up until 2005) in Conroe, Texas, just about 40 miles north of Houston. We saw the Astros in person often. :)
Post a Comment