Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy Thursday!! It's about 4 o'clock, and usually, I am doing chores around this time, but I did them all yesterday. That entailed cleaning the bathrooms (showers included,) and dusting the entire house, excepting Mom and Dad's room. I was a little wiped out, but I am glad that I was a help. So, today, I get time to myself, and thus, I am blogging.

The Dy's went very well on Tuesday. I more or less talked to Anneliese. She seemed a little out of it, but maybe it was my imagination. We played Clue with Lindsey, and then Hangman just the two of us. Usually, we play with Polly's, but I think we both needed a change from that. I am so glad that I get this bi-monthly thing with the girls. I feel like the Lord has brought me into their life for a reason. It is hard being someone's role model; there's added pressure to do the right thing, because you know full well that someone is watching you. Yet, I believe the Lord gives me the strength, though I am not perfect. I struggle. I got frustrated with some of Lindsey's behavior, and I said so, respectfully, of course. Yet, despite the logistics of it all, I love being ivolved with the girls. I only pray that the will be seeing Christ in all that I do, and all that I am.

Tuesday night found Dad and I watching a movie. I don't know what it is; we always do that. It might not seem like interaction, but for us, it is. We rented a few episodes of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman from the library. We both like that. We also got a few episodes of Lost in Space, but we didn't watch those yet. I think we will on Saturday. What made me get those was a memory of being stuck in a hotel after a flight we were on had problems, and watching a Lost in Space marathon. Rather odd memory, but who cares?

Yesterday, like I said, was full of cleaning. I did get six cards made. That was also a sign of productivity. I might post pictures of one of my new designs. I can't take the credit for coming up with it; I looked in a book, but I had to follow along myself. I am pleased with how it turned out. After dinner, Mom and I took Nikki for a walk, while Dad and Garrett messed with the fruit trees. Apparently, limbs are breaking because of wind and other causes. Fruit is just falling on to the ground. Yet, we still are getting a huge crop. God is good!

Today, we had to run a few errands. Mothing of excitement, and no Starbucks, either:-) But we got home, I completed one rather messy chore, and then took my internet time. After I am done with this, I will begin writing some articles. (On that subject, I haven't had any direct answer, but I always come back tothe fact that I have learned lessons, and for what? My own growth, yes, but can't they minister to other people? Perhaps they are in a specific boat of life, and a past experience of mine might encourage them through it. So, that's the status right now. I am going to continue to pray about it. I won't send anything if the Lord doesn't want me to.

I found out piano lessons start back up the Tuesday we get back from Yellowstone. I am so excited!!! It has seemed like forever, though I have tried to practice faithfully every day. I did discover, also, that there is no Sonatina festival. Bummer! I was looking forward to that idea.

I don't have anything to say baout the cookies yet. I don't know how , or Mom, fared. I think the plan is for us to go to the fair on Monday night, and I will find out then. I am intrigued to see. I am not nervous, but I do wonder what the judges thought. How they could not like Mom's molasses cookie, her wheat bread, my chocolate chip cookies, and my cinnamon pecan icebox cookies is beyond me!

I am not sur what the plan is for tonight or tomorrow. I think we are finally going to do discipleship tonight, but who knows? Saturday, the plan is to go raft6ing down the Boise River, yet there is the subject of fruit. That can always cause plans to change. I fear it is approaching the final time. Sunday, we have church (of course!) and then I discovered it's the final golf major of the year! You had better believe I will watch it. (I am not talking about the Ryder Cup right now.) I know where people stand on matters on sports, but at least golf has decently dressed men, no cheerleaders, and hopefully, though I don't know of any, no steroid use. Hard to find a sport like that nowadays, huh?

Take care, and I'll be in touch!

11 comments:

Alice said...

I'm glad you had a good time with the girls; that's really neat.

I am looking forward to reading some of your articles. Will you send me them if you write them or do I have to find where you send them, if you do? Haha. I totally agree about past experiences being a help to other people. I know I have been ministered to by a LOT of people who have shared their experiences with me.

Garrity G. said...

Ella, bass fishing is also a very clean sport. It has also been around longer than golf has. It has also way more interesting. You ever watched the Classic? It is like you are sitting on the edge of your seat.

Anonymous said...

You were a HUGE help to me yesterday, doing, not only your chores, but mine. Thank you so much!!! You are a constant blessing to me, and I love you loads!!
And, let's just keep seeking the Lord about anything you are to write. He will be faithful to provide the right audience at the right time!

Garrity G. said...

The Ryder Cup!!

Ella said...

Garrity, I am not sure about the Classic. Iac has had one too many tantrums. Oh, what's with comment number 4. I wasn't talking about the Ryder Cup, though I like it.

Mom, thanks for your prayers and your continued support. I love you loads too!!

Alice, thanks for your encouragement. It means alot to me. You bet I will let you read my articles. I plan on sending them to either HopeChest or Above Rubies. I am leaning to HopeChest, but I don't know if they can use them or not. Plus, they are so sparatic with sending.

Alice said...

Actually, if you go to Hope Chest's website, there's a message from the girl who does their website saying she hasn't heard from them since September 2, 2005. I think they might have quit writing it.

Garrity G. said...

You mentioned it so I wanted to just mention it as well.

Anna Naomi said...

It sounds like you've been having a good time! Keep up the good work! =)

Ella said...

I have been having a good life lately, Anna. Thanks! Right now, I am trying on my articles, but I seem to be in a bind. Oh, well. The Lord will help me thorugh it.

Alice, I saw what you did on HopeChest's website. However, I just got some back orders that I had bought. We had to call them about two times, but I still got them. When Mom talked to the person, she said they hoped to get the new one out soon. So, I have no idea what the deal is!

Ella said...

Oh, Garrity, thanks for consideration about golf. I do enjoy the Ryder Cup. I have no idea who's going right now. See, I am on the edge of my seat with wonder:-)

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

I think often the Lord brings situations into our lives so that we may have testimonies that can be an encouragement to others.

Could you please send me all the articles on Biblical femininity, etc. that you've written?? I am in the process of creating a Biblical femininity/Biblical daughterhood/Biblcial womanhood, which we consist of articles written by me (I have soooo many ideas, yet so little time to write :)), the Botkin, women from Ladies Against Feminism, my dear,likeminded friends from church, all the likeminded bloggers that I can get to send me their articles (:)), etc. If you wouldn't mind sending me the ones you've written, I would love to be able to read them and very likely post them on the upcoming site(which will probably be up and running around the first of the year, Lord willing.).

Thanks so much, dear sister in Christ!!

Many blessings,
Rebekah Ann Shadoin