Monday, August 07, 2006

I am going to post a rather short one today. I just wanted to reveal to you another truth that I have seen the Lord fulfill this past week. He always does above and beyond anything that you can ask or think. I saw that plain as plain yesterday at church.

If you had told me a year and a half ago that I would attend a church where I would absolutely love it, stay there until 11 at night eating pizza and wearing Little Caesar's crowns, I would have said you were crazy!!! Yet that is exactly what happened. It is hard to imagine, but it's true. I just had a splendid evening with my church family, though only 3 families, excluding us, did this goofiness. All throughout the evening, I was just thanking the Lord that I attend a body such as this, that the oppression of my former church is lifted, and that this is where the Lord has brought my family. Leading us to FBC was all Him; I can see His fingerprints in every single step, and I am every so grateful to Him. I cannnot imagine not attending there. My prayer is that the closeness we have will always be there, and that nothing and no one can destroy that. "To God be the glory, great things You have done!!!"

I also found out at church that I will be singing in a grils' ensemble. I told Mrs. D. that I didn't sing well, and she said that did not matter. A long as I am doing my best, and singing for my Lord, that is all that matters. I am excited about this. The plan is for me to sing soprano, but we'll see how things go. The other girls miught be better singing that pitch, and I will move to alto. (I do love some of the notes of the soprano, though.) I think we will sing the last week of September or something like that.

In other news, we watched Spellbound, an Alfred Hitchcock movie. It was intriguing, as well as tense in a few parts. The music creeps me out! I did like it, though, and it was entirely decent. (I always will mention that. I would never say a movie was good if there was something morally wrong with it.)

I will close now, but I just wanted to tell you of the Greatness of our God. Now, I think I will read, finish something that needs returned, clean bathrooms, and help prepare dinner. (It's Russian cabbage soup. I wonder what that will taste like?)

9 comments:

Shifty said...

that was short?
Just kidding, i like your long posts. They give me something to do.

Shifty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Garrity G. said...

Yes it was short. FBC rocks!! Spellbound was good. I didn't find the music to be creepy.

Anna Naomi said...

It's wonderful that you've found a good church! I had such a good time when we did home church... but sadly the church dissolved because of business and distance, and we now attend a small church that just got started. While it is good, it is in every way opposite to the home church we had. God is teaching me to rely on Him however, rather than all the friends I had through our home church.

I'm sure you'll do great in the girl's ensemble! Jubilee and I will be singing in a homeschool choir this year, which sounds like fun! I'll probably be an alto... as I can't sing extremely high.

I've seen Spellbound and it is really good! It's always refreshing to find good movies!

Alice said...

Cabbage soup? Are the zucchinis all gone?

We went to a family church like that for awhile and it was hard when that time ended. But, I did learn a LOT about depending on God.

Ella said...

I am glad to know that people appreciate my long posts!

Garrett, I am pleased that you, at least, did not think the music creepy. Mom even did!

Anna, I am sorry about the church problems. I can pray for you if you wish? I know how that feels. I had to rely alot on our Lord when we were at TVBC, and he carried me through. It was a struggle, but he have me the grace.. somewhat. Oh, I liked Spellbound too. Old movies are nice!

Alice, The zucchini is not all gone; we just needed a change. Just so you'll know, it wasn't that good. It was rather bland, and there was no substance. I am sorry that your nice church experiences are gone. How are things now?

Alice said...

Oh, things are great now! It was just a difficult time when our family church ended.

Ella said...

I can understand that. I think I would feel that way if FBC ever ended. (I don't want to think about that!!!)

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Old movies are the best!! I love it how people used to dress back then.

I can't completely relate to your church happenings. I was also going through some horrible times when we went to our old church (problems in the youth group, etc) and have now become a part of a new church plant that is such a blessing. We have a few families that used to do home churches. We have about 70 people now, and they are all like minded (on courtship, modesty, women's and men's roles, femininity,etc.)which is such a blessing!