Saturday, August 19, 2006

I had to tell everyone about the cookies at the fair. (We decided to go last night, since it was relatively cool; it's going to get hot again by Monday. Heat is not enjoyable.) Anyway, I was going against adults; keep that in mind. I got second place in refridgerator cookies with my cinnamon pecan icebox cookies!!! I was super excited about those. And in the chocolate chip cookie category, I got third place. Not bad!!! (I later found out that if I had used better looking cookies, I would have been placed higher. I found up submitting cookies that I had to cut with the spatula upon removement from the tray. Oh, well! Next year, I know what to do, and who knows how I will place?) I wasn't able to pick up my ribbons yet; I will after we get back from vacation. I also will get $5. Nice!

I did feel sad for Mom. Her stuff didn't place at all. I was bummed, but she said not to worry. She had wanted me to win. Isn't that like a mom?! We don't think she put her molasses cookies in the right division. Next year, we'll try again.

Let me know if you would like me to post the award-winning recipes on here. I might anyway this afternoon:-) I need to let Garrett register something for Dad, so I had better get off. We are going rafting down the Boise River in a little while. Wonder if we will get into trees again:-)

Oh, I looked for Anneliese's poem that she put in the youth divison. She got a blue ribbon!!! I was so happy, especially considering it was a religious poem. (You would have to be a Christian to understand.) It was about how she couldn't be Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Little Mermaid, Rupunzel, and other princesses, but she really is. She's the daughter of the King! Anyway, it was beautiful! My "little sister" did a splendid job!

8 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Congratulations!! They must have been good cookies... I'd be interested in seeing the recipes.

Oh - and Maidens of Worth now links to you! =)

Alice said...

Congratulations! How fun! Is that a county fair or a state fair or what? Our county fair is going on now, but we haven't been able to go because of extenuating circumstances. haha.

Ella said...

Anna, they are good cookies, but maybe I am just biased. I will try to post the recipes tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope you all like them.

Wow! I am linked to Maiden's of Worth. I can't believe it. (You need to fix your links, Alice. Emily, Amy, and I keep telling you that:-)

Alice, I think it was a state fair. It was called the "Western Idaho Fair." Canyon County, where we live, has one too, but I didn't do that one. And no wonder you haven't been able to go to the fair; it's amazing hyou can comment as it is. Hahahaha

Garrity G. said...

It's all about presentation.

Ella said...

No kidding? You would go on tast, right?

Garrity G. said...

I don't know. Maybe taste, but maybe looks.

Ella said...

That doesn't sound like you!

Garrity G. said...

WEll, you see, the taste is what matters the most. The cookies do, however, still have to look good and be uniform.