Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sorry ya'll for my neglect of this blog these past few days. I just haven't felt like it. I don't know why! There is much to say, but I am not sure how much time I have to say it. So, I might as well start!

Sunday was church, as usual. I was up working with the kids, as I have been every Sunday this past month. I enjoy it alot. Each child has their own different needs and challenges, but I enjoy learning to master them. I had to do a puppet play, and that was fun. It was hard trying to make my voice sound like a motherly woman, but I did my best. I was also difficult sitting on your knees, while trying to get the puppets over the edge. That doesn't sound terrible, but it is if you are trying to read the script!! I also had my hands full with a mentally disabled girl. I continuely pray that the Lord would give me some way to get through to her so she can pay attention. No inspirations yet.

It was sad to say good-bye to Rachael and Jason, as they left for Bob Jones University that afternoon. I didn't cry, but I still despise seeing people I know leave. I have seen that far too often in my life; I don't desire it to be a normal occurence. The pending departure was getting to Hannah, you could see that. (I discovered she let off the waterworks that night.) You could also tell Grace and Peter were struggling. Even the little girls. In their class, they prayed for safety for Rachael and Jason, "Because she was going back to college and this time, Jason was going with her." Oh, it was heart-breaking to hear it from them. Garrett didn't like saying good-bye to Jason either; no bowling and Taco Bell until at least Christmas break.

I spent that afternoon with Brianne and her family. We went out to eat at Red Lobster, had cake and ice cream back at her house, and played Guesstures. (No, it wasn't her birthday; it was her great-grandma's and they invited me along.) I had a really enjoyable afternoon. That evening, Brianne and I practiced our song with Mrs. S, as Mrs. D. wasn't there. We were the only two, in fact!

The rest of this week has been passed with chores, cross-stitch, watching Lost in Space, and dealing with fruit. It has been a good week, though. I have enjoyed every thing that I have done. Except perhaps the weeding of the huge weed in the backyard last night. I was getting stuff in my hair, and my clothers were all dirty. (I think I should have changed out of my white skirt.)

I have had to learn a lesson in honor this week. Most of you know the details, and I will tell the others personally. But, boy, is a hard lesson?! I love obeying my mom and believeing that she has done things for my good. I just struggled when it involved something that I liked. But, the Lord had to remind me that it doesn't matter what I think to be best; my parents, and He, know what is best for me. Now, the situation did get resolved the next day, and everything is back to the original way it was, but I still needed that lesson. It was something of old, but I guess I needed it anew. (You never can outgrow something, can you?!)

I apologize for not getting the recipes up. I will try again when I get back from my trip. If I do not post until I get back, I want to lay down some ground rules. Shifty, Alice, Anna, and Miriam, I want you all to have a conversation while I am gone. (Like I did when you were. Alice.) Let's see how many comments we come up with. You can have some stupid ones, but try to have sensible ones too. (Nothing about ticks:) However, even if I do post again before Saturday morning, this rule still goes.

I promise to take pictures of Yellowstone and get them on here. Have any of you ever been there? It's neat, but I will let the pictures speak for themselves. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.... (Who said that, does anyine know?)

Oh, piano starts the Tuesday I get back. It's about time!!! I now run the risk of finding out that I have been playing my songs of two months the wrong way. Ouch!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will not like this reminder, but guess what else starts right after we get back from our trip? Yep, that's right, a new year of school!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't like saying goodbye to people either. But, at least, this goodbye was for only a few months. They will be back at Christmas and then again next May. It's not like they are moving to Greenville and we won't ever see them again. That thought makes the goodbye a bit easier.

Alice said...

I for one have experienced quite a few so far, and they are not pleasant. Fortunately, God always provides and never does anything that isn't for our ultimate good. Like Saturday! Haha.

Oh, yes. We will have good conversation on your blog. That will be fun. Haha.

Anna Naomi said...

Have fun on your trip, Ella! It's great that you've had time to work with the children at your church! I haven't done it at our new church, because I've now started playing the flute every Sunday, accompanying the songs. I've had to play by ear and follow a guitar, which has been a stretching experience!

It's always sad to see people go... especially those in your own family. Mom and Dad left yesterday to take Elijah to collge, and I miss him dreadfully already. Jubi and I will be alone at our house until Sunday when mom and dad get home.

Let's see... what to talk about? =)

Garrity G. said...

yeah, no bowling or Taco Bell. I won't even be able to make stupid comments along with all the other readers of your blog. GOSH!

Ella said...

About Rachael and Jason, you're right. It's not like they are moving to Greenville, and the time will speed by. Boo hoo, no more Taco Bell, Garrity.

Alice, How is the stress level around your house? Hahaha.

Anna, I do enjoy being with the kids. That's cool that you play your flute. I sometimjes play the piano for special music.

I can't wait to see the topics you all come up with:-)

Ella said...

Oh, I figure that there will be time soon enough to talk about school. I am not sure that people want to hear about my upcoming workload:)

Garrity G. said...

I've been to Yellowstone. You know that!!

Anonymous said...

So, are we having a conversation yet? I guess I will add to it.
Alice, I hope everything goes smoothly and beautifully--which I'm sure it will. I will look forward to seeing pictures when you get them posted. By the way, you look very pretty in your bridesmaid gown.
Anna, what talent to play the flute by ear. It is such a beautiful instrument. I don't play any instrument, although I always wished I had played the piano or the violin.

Alice said...

Thank you, Mrs. G------! Stress level = 8. Much more preparations today and then the rehearsal. It's getting lots of fun, though, since company is here! Micah and Emma came last night and we're having a great time!

Ella said...

I am praying for you!!!!