I hope you are all having a great week. As you can plainly see, I have changed my blog! Now, it looks pretty! I so want to thank my brother for helping me with this one. I had it pretty much figured out, but I wanted his assistance, just to be on the safe side. I don't like that I can't have my picture up, but at least when I post comments, it can be seen. (Also, thanks to Erin who gave me the link:-)
School has been going very well for me. By the Lord's grace, I have been able to get up at 6:30, which is amazing. I don't like it, but I am getting everything done on time, so that is good. My studies really started Wednesday; Monday and Tuesday were review. I am absolutely loving my books. I am on the fifth chapter of Uncle Tom's Cabin, and it is great. I feel so sad for the slaves whose lives are just destroyed, despite their loyalty and kindness! Pride and Prejudice has short, really short, chapters, so I am on about seven, I think. I love it too. I am picturing characters from the A&E version as I read it! (I haven't seen the new one yet. -Oh, I know I am posting rather quickly after putting the quiz up. Anyone who hasn't done, it, DO!) Anyway, with this book study, I have to write a research paper on any topic of my choice. (Thank goodness!!!) I am not sure what I am going to do. I am between Stonewall Jackson or Ronald Reagan. Anyone got any ideas? I need to know soon!
I have been doing quite a bit of baking lately. Monday morning, I was asked to make scones with our tea. Today, I am making cookies to have when the Dy's come over for dinner this evening. I already did the cinnamon pecan icebox cookies, and the chocolate chip I will do after school. Why is it that I am always making those two kinds? It's like I never deviate! Oh, well, people like them, regardless of how often I make them!
So, as I said, the Dy's are coming over. That is nice. I really ought to post pictures of them, since I mention them so much on here! Maybe I will. Mom is planning on chicken and dumplings, a green salad, a broccoli salad, watermelon, and cookies. Sound yummy, if you ask me. I am sure we will just talk and show them around our house. We have lived here almost a year, and they haven't seen it yet, much less with all of the furniture in it!!
Other than that, I am not sure what else. Our trees and garden are continuing to be blessed by the Lord of the Harvest. We will have plenty of frozen fruit come winter. Life is just going very well. It is so full of surprises; I love seeing what is going to happen next!
Well, I do now that lunch is coming next, so I had better say adieu! I apologize for the huge gap between posts, but I am a busy girl---at home. Have a great weekend. Hope you are having wonderful fall weather (By the way, the temperature is dropping here. It's cold!) and seeing the Lord's amazing, colorful hand!
Friday, September 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











17 comments:
I love the new look to your blog. It is sooooo pretty.
And I love your cinnamon pecan cookies. We all do--that is why we always ask you to make them. They are your red ribbon cookies!!
And, I cannot believe that I came out as Marianne Dashwood on that quiz--I will have to do it again.
I did do the quiz again, thinking harder about the answers this time. Guess what?! I, too, am Elizabeth Bennet. That doesn't seem right, either. Go figure!!
Great new look! It's very pretty.
I am glad that everyone likes the new look!
Mom, I also find it odd that you are Elizabeth Bennet. Being Marianne Dashwood was weirder, but you are like Elinor to me!
You need to make cookies more offten. You also need to make your scones. That is an order!! :P
You can put your picture on. Email me and my mom will tell you how!
Oh, Ella's mom. My mom came out as Elinor Dashwood the first time she took the quiz also! Then she did it again and came out as Elizabeth Bennet like you did. But she is more like Elinor to me. Weird!
Isn't that odd? Moms' really are like Elinor, not Elizabeth. Your mom wasn't Marianne, was she?
Oh, Garrity, I am not sure when I will bake again. I just did!
Wow! If you leave for a day, you miss EVERYTHING on this blog!!! Haha.
Yeah, isn't that the truth? I can't believe all of the changes myself!
Ella,
Scary!!!!
I took the Pooh Quiz!!!!
Guess who I am???
Kanga!!!!!!!!!!
Isn't that scary?!?!
Garrity! Do not order your older sister around. That's an order!!
Making cookies and scones isn't all that bad, as long as the baker isn't eating them. I try to refrain from eating all of my goodies, butonce in a while I will eat a scone.
Like the blog!
Why not just order Shifty? I won't get them anyway.
Erin, Wow! That is scary about you! We must be alike.
Grace, so good to have you visit again! I try to not eat while I am baking either.
Shifty, thanks for standing up on my side:-)
Garrity, I made scones again this morning! So there!
Post a Comment