Oh, it is such a beautiful autumn day here!!! I wish I had pictures to post of the beautiful downtown scenery, but we left the camera at home, by accident. I will try my utmost to take some next time. The Lord has created a magnificent world, hasn't he? I do believe that spring and fall are when he really when he gets his paintbrush out!
Today, of course, was piano. It was great, though I don't overly like one of the pieces. Actually, it is more like an exercise. I know the Lord has given it to me, so that I can practice patience and learn to get past out of my comfort zone. It still is extremely difficult! Oh well, nothing was supposed to be easy about the Christian walk. Now, I am not complaining; I wouldn't exchange my life or my faith for anything. I just wish I had this "wonderful" piece by Hanon over and done with:-)
I got a hair trim today. See, we are going to get family pictures taken by a friend on Saturday for Christmas presents, and I wanted my hair to look nice. Perhaps that is vain, I don't know, but I also don't see a problem with wanting to look nice. Anyway, I will have to style it myself tomorrow; the lady didn't do that. I will tell you all about the picture taking after Saturday (Obviously) I also will tell you what colors we decided to wear!
This weekend is going to be crazy. Friday, Mom and I are going to a ladies' thing at church, while Dad and Garrity have some of the church guys over at our house. Both things will have junk food and fun, a winning combination. Saturday is pictures, and then Sunday, I sing with the girls' ensemble. Yikes!!!! Please be praying for me! I am not exactly nervous, but I don't like being the center of attention, either. Plus, I wish we had had one more practice. Nothing I can do about it though. Hopefull, everyone will be there; the cold / sore throat thing is going around our church.
Next week, I know I will be busy too. But I want you all to know that the majority is doing stuff with my family. Titus 2 tells women to be keepers at home, and I do stay home a lot. I don't drive, so that is one of the things that prevents me, but I don't have the desire to run myself ragged. I am perfectly content with the few things that I do. I much perfer spending quality time with my wonderful family that I have been richly blessed me with. Too many people don't realize their family is a blessing until it is too late. May the Lord always protect me from ever thinking that!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











24 comments:
Fall is great! It is still summer here in San Antonio.
It is really pretty outside! The leaves aren't turning here, but it's at least a little cooler. It only gets up into the 80s each day, and this morning at 6:30 a.m. it was 53* outside!
Junk food is good, but just think of what it does to us. I was thinking about this subject just the other day.
I always get freaky answers on the quizes you have on your blog.
Alice, it is fall in New York, though, right?
Anna, do the leaves change in Alabama? I bet it is nice to have a relief from the major heat.
Garrity, if you have a problem with junk food, why do you eat it? Also, what's so freaky about being roo?
Hmm, I hadn't taken your quizzes before. I was Kanga and Elizabeth Bennet. Funny!
Yes, it is definitely fall in Buffalo. I think it's been in the fifties and sixties. WONDERFUL!!!!!
Oh, by the way, you should e-mail me someday. Haha. Just kidding.
The leaves do change in Alabama, but it's not until pretty late in the fall. We probably have what feels like fall to you all through the fall and winter.
I just took your two quizzes, and I got Lizzy for the P&P quiz and Owl for the Winnie the Pooh quiz. OWL!
"Always full of stories and facts, you love to talk about your experiences. You don't always have the right information, and you talked to much."
Hahaha! Sadly true.
Alice, we are exactly the same!! Cool! And, I will e-mail you. Yet, what's the point? You're in Texas right now!
Anna, you are porbably right about the weather. I didn't know that leaves changes colors down there. Because, when I lived in Florida, they didn't to my recollection.
Melinda, I can see Owl in you. It was so nice to have you visit my blog. Are you going to the thing on Friday?
Hey, I still have e-mail here!!! So, you should totally e-mail me. Hahaha.
Yes, I think I'm going on Friday. At least, I have plans too. :-) If I go, I'll probably spend the night.
Alice, Okay!!! I will try to e-mail you very soon; I have been wanting too!!! Really! I just figured you would be too busy.
Melinda, as you could gather, we are going but not spening the night. I bet that part will be fun too! I will look forward to seeing you. Oh, I have only 1 more issue to finish, and then you can get the binder back :-)
Haha! Take your time! I was just teasing!
Haha! Take your time! I was just teasing!
Oops. Sorry.
I still eat junk food because I just can't eat health food. What's freaky about being Roo you say? I'll tell you. It means that I have wound up with the same answer as Grace in both quizzes I've taken. That's bizzare!!
So! That doesn't mean anything, or does it? :-)
Alice, I did e-mail you! Though I knew you were teasing!
Thank you for the e-mail!!
You are welcome! I was glad to do it! Now, all that reamins, is for you to eventually write back!
Har har. Of course I will. Eventually.
I figured. Not take a million years. Hehe
Uh, what about 45?
I won't finish the quote, but why did you say that. You weren't cooment 45!
Oh, and I will tell everyone that I HOPE to post this afternoon!
Post a Comment