Monday, February 18, 2008

Blessed Beyond Measure


I want to thank you all for this past week. I have felt extremely blessed with all the sweet comments, letters, phone calls, and packages in celebrating my birthday. God clearly has given some wonderful people in my life--and I cannot praise Him enough.
Also this week, I have discovered a peace that TRULY passes all understanding. I cannot even begin to describe it; indeed, it is what it is. It goes back to my church situation. Right now, the church we have been trying wouldn't be called my "home," but I have been fed and encouraged these past two weeks. I have found myself weeping and saying, "How Great is My God!"
Things aren't instantly better. I feel sad at times, confused at times, even bitter at how the whole past came about at times. But you know, I once more recognize the Awesome God I serve; I am reminded ever more of His Great Faithfulness. These "hard things" in my life are NOT what I would choose, yet nor would I choose to be without them either.
I have felt like singing these past few days. For "how can I keep from singing His praise. I want to sing in the troubled times; I want to sing when I win. I want to sing when I lose my steps and come to Him in prayer. I can sing, because He hears me. I know I am loved by the King and it makes my heart want to sing."
More than ever, I see the beauty in leaving a situation in God's hands. When I turn my problems over to Him (whether they be about friends, church, life in general) I have to be prepared to stand amazed...because that is just what I will be. May you all be too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The time when Daddy was out of work for 25 months was not a time that I think any of us would ever choose to go back to...but the lessons we learned, especially about the Lord's awesome provision, were priceless. Truly, God uses our difficult times for our good and his glory.

I'm so glad that you have peace about the church situation.

Love,
Mom

Alice said...

Oh, Ella, I am so glad that God is giving you peace! I was blessed by your post this morning!

Anna Naomi said...

I'm glad you have peace, and I've been blessed by seeing how God has worked in your lives. Thank you for being a channel of His blessing!

Ella said...

I want to thank you all. It certainly hasn't been easy getting to this road of peace...and I know there will be more bumps on the way. God is just so good; that swept over me yesterday, and I wanted to share it with those who are dear to me and my prayer warriors!

Sara N. Smith said...

Blessings to you, my dear! May the Lord continue to encourage and strengthen your heart!
btw, Happy Belated Birthday! Trusting that the Lord will give you an unexpected blessing!

Ella said...

Sarah, thank you for your sweet words. God is good!

Anonymous said...

Oh, beautiful post! Praise be to God for the glorious and inexpressible peace and joy He has given you.
He is good!

Blessings always!

Ella said...

Thank you, Bryant!