They sat discussing voting trends and what “classes” of citizens were voting for a particular candidate. One of the men said, “the majority of young women are going for Sen. Clinton saying ‘it’s a woman’s time.” The conversation soon progressed into different territories. As for myself, I sat in my seat, silently stewing about being categorized and the overall feminist statement.
Such was the case with me last Tuesday—Super Tuesday. I already said that I remained glued to my seat, watching in wonder at who took which state. Some were surprises and others were not. It was during a lull of “issuing delegates” that I watched Tom Brokaw make this statement.
He was only reporting the facts…for the most part. Not ALL young women voters plan on voting for Sen. Clinton. However, it shouldn’t be a surprise that the bulk of my peers are the way Mr. Brokaw described. Feminism is running rampant in this day and age.
Women like Oprah, Sen. Clinton, and Nancy Pelosi (among others) all tell girls the same thing: “You are a woman, but don’t let that stop you! You are just as capable, if not more so, of taking on a man’s field and roles! Go out and change the world! Remove the shackles that our grandmothers and great-grandmothers had! And for those of you who do not agree with us, you are weird; you are our worst nightmare; you are living in the days of old."
I will say that these women are true on one score: women can go and change the world…just not in the way they suggest. Even in our churches, the fact that women and men have different roles in the Lord’s plan is mind-boggling to most. People seem to think that those who embrace this way of thinking sit around and do nothing for themselves; they aren’t allowed to think and they are domineered by their husbands, almost like slaves and masters. Another wrong misconception!
God created women to be different. Anyone who says otherwise isn’t paying attention to the Word of God. But it doesn’t have to be a bad thing! We can be so much more than what Feminist society has relegated us to. Truly, where is the joy in taking on a man’s role and yet forsaking what the Lord intended before the beginning of time?
Perhaps it is a “woman’s time….” It’s time to take this world back from the Feminists and instead, we are to get the focus back on God and His original design? I cannot begin to imagine a world in which women embrace their God-given roles once mores. Being a wife and a mother is still a way to “rock the world” and I would love to be able to say to my granddaughter, “It was my generation that helped put the Lord back in the picture of this country.”
To be honest, I do not care if I see a woman become president—but to see femininity and Biblical Womanhood rise up once more in the United States again—that I do not want to miss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











7 comments:
Nancy Campbell of Above Rubies says that one of the roles of motherhood is that of "Nation Changer." Today's women need to take that to heart. One of the major ways that we can change our country is by wholeheartedly embracing the role of wives and mothers and raising up a godly generation. AS we live out the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our homes, we have the power to make lasting change in our nation.
Love,
Mom
Amen, Ella! I too would like to see Biblical Womanhood rise back up and bring glory to God. Yes, people do seem to stereotype young women (and young men for that matter!) today, but we need to remember that it isn't true! Through the online world, I've been able to "meet" many rebelutionaries that don't by into the lie, and that's encouraging!
Mom, you are aboslutely right...though many don't put much stoch in such thinknig anymore. I do, though. I so appreciate that you and I see eye to eye on this!
Anna, yes, I would say young men get steroetyped now. I think the consensus is that youth voters are going for Obama....not me. Yes, connecting with rebelutionaries and like-minded people are a blessing!
Amen, Ella!! Oh, how I wish we lived in a world where females were feminine and males were masculine(in dress, roles, actions, etc.) I truly couldn't agree with you more. I find it so sad that women are being told to basically be men these days!! They find themselves so unhappy, incomplete, unfulfilled, etc., because they didn't live out the life that God designed for women! Women can only be truly happy and satisfied if they live out a woman's roles! God did not design women to be men, and when women attempt to live like men do, they will face nothing but unhappiness and unfulfillment. It's just so tragic that women are missing out on the joy that a female's life brings! Living according to God's Word and His roles for women is the happiest, most adventurous, most productive, most fulfilling, most complete, most joyful life there is!
As the the whole "women being president" thing, I'm currently working on a post showing that, Biblically, it's a curse on a nation if women are in rule there. I'll probably be publishing that post on Friday, Lord willing.
By the way, is your computer allowing you to access my blog? Or is it still not working?
The Lord's richest blessings to you, dear sister!
Rebekah
I couldn't agree more, Mrs. G!
Rebekah, it truly was wonderful to receive a comment from you! (Considering my computer STILL blocks you! Arg! Sorry...we're working on it!)
Maybe you could try sending me your article in an e-mail. I would enjoy reading it! You are right, you know!
Great comment, Rebekah. I would have dropped by your blog to give you a hearty AMEN, but for some strange reason, your blog is being denied by our filter. (Don't worry, you are in good company. Stacy McDonald's blog has been blocked in recent weeks, as has the Rebelution, Ligonier Ministries, and a host of other great sites.) We are trying to work at getting it unblocked.
So anyhow, I appreciate your comment, for I am an example of the unfulfilled, discontent, unhappy woman who followed the ways of the world. It was not until I wholeheartedly embraced God's role for women that I found joy, contentment, and fulfillment. It makes me very sad to think of the lies that I believed for so long. And I grieve that women are still falling for those lies....and reaping stress, illness, and unhappiness as a result.
We will look forward to reading your post about women leaders.
Blessings,
Mrs. G.
Post a Comment