
Last night, my loving family took me to The Cheesecake Factory for my graduation dinner. I have had cheesecake there before--but never the dinner. It was wonderful! And we had the best waiter we have ever had!

I received my diploma before dinner. It was personalized with a verse I love (Jeremiah 29:11) and the seal on the front is one of my favorite phrases--Soli Deo Gloria--or To God Be The Glory.

My family also bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It has been a long time since I have had flowers like this--designed and everything. They smell heavenly and the smell is in my bedroom!
Dad also gave me this little bear "just because." His name is Pete...and you probably don't know why, unless you live here. But lest you ask, NO, I am not attending Boise State.
For my dinner, I got Chicken Madeira. It is a chicken breast covered with asparagus and melted mozzarella cheese. A mushroom burgandy wine sauce is put on top of that and served with mashed potatoes. It was so good!! And this picture is what I have to eat for lunch today. The portions are huge.

Garrett, ever the teenage guy, got the biggest hamburger I have ever seen! And he ate it all, which truth be told, doesn't surprise me. However, when Dad surprised us by letting us each get our own piece of cheesecake, we took most of it home....but Garrett felt sick. His was super rich and after that burger!!
Today, however, I got on my fancy dress that I made this winter and posed with my diploma. (The Cheesecake Factory) isn't this fancy. Sorry if the pictures are a bit far away. Mom says she isn't that great of a photographer!
I wish I could have gotten the skirt to flare out more than I did. My shoes were in the way! =)
And one without the diploma! =) I have felt so richly blessed these past few days! Thank you all for your prayers and friendship!











10 comments:
Oh that dress is beautiful!!! I am very happy for you :)
Blessings,
Brooke
I so enjoyed seeing pictures - it makes up somewhat for not being able to celebrate with you in person. =)
Your dinner looks like it was a wonderful blessing, and the flowers are beautiful.
Yay! I finally got to see pictures of your graduation dress! It's lovely, the color is absolutely gorgeous, and you did a great job making it!
Thank you, Brooke. I am very glad you like the dress.
Anna dear, pictures can only make up part of it! The flowers are so lovely. Now it's my turn to receive flowers.
And I thought you would be happy to see photos of the dress. I would make it differently now. I am in between sizes and I went smaller...I should have gone larger...But I love the color!
You look lovely, Ella. The dress is beautiful! Great job.
Looks like you had a wonderful graduation celebration. And the cheesecake sounds YUM! Thanks for sharing pictures with us.
Kaysie
Kaysie, thank you! The dress was complicated, but I am so glad I did it!!
The Cheesecake Factory was yum. And my slice of lemo raspberry creme cheesecake was just was good!!
Congratulations Ella! May God bless you as you continue to walk with Him. Isn't the Cheesecake Factory fun? I went there for lunch and was very impressed! The dress you made is so pretty. You are very talented.
I'm glad you had a wonderful dinner!
Your dress is lovely and of course, I love the color!
Your dress is absolutely beautiful! I love the color as well! You did an awesome job--it must have been quite complicated.
Congratulations!
Sara, thank you for your sweet words. Yes, the cheesecake factory was fun...definitely different.
Miriam, you are a blue girl, aren't you?! =)
Allison, the dress was complicated. IN fact, I had to improve on some things. But I am glad I did it!
Congrats Ella!
I have not been on here for a while and I had no idea that you were making this next "big" step in your life. It is a huge accomplishment and I am happy for you. :-) What are your plans now?
Post a Comment