It's the final week before Christmas. How hard is that to believe??!! So, I have quite a few movies for you this week--since I won't be able to do them for a whole new year. Stick with me, and maybe you will find something new.
Holiday Affair--starring Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh--Don't let the word "affair" throw you off; this movie is entirely decent and very sweet. It is the story of a young widow who is unable to give her son the gift he wants most. Along the way, she meets Robert Mitchum who throws a wrench into all of her plans. Her son likes him......but there is another guy courting Janet Leigh's character!
Christmas Eve--starring Loretta Young and Trevor Howard--This is a tv movie from the 1980's, but there isn't any issue. Loretta Young plays a rich socialte who gives away money to the homeless and destitute. This fact makes her son want to have her committed. While there is this plot going on, Loretta Young finds out that she is dying and her goal is to have her grandchildren home for Christmas and a reunion with their estranged father--that same son. It is a very endearing movie.
A Christmas Carol--starring George C. Scott--This is my favorite version of Dicken's classic novel. Though the very first time I watched it, I was crying and freaking out.....I am an auditory learner, so creepy music gets to me. You all know the story, so I don't have to give you a synopsis. But I say for you to get this version.
Miracle of 34th Street--starring Maureen O' Hara, Edmund Gwenn, and Natalie Wood--I have never believed in Santa Claus, and I know the Santa subject is a touchy one. But actually, I asked that we watch this movie the other day because of all the older actors in it. I knew we would recognize so many faces now.....and we did. It's kind of cute. I say watch it at least once in your life.
The Nativity Story---I can't remember who stars in this, but it is a very good movie. I am sure most of you have seen this one. I watched it for the first time last year and we greatly enjoyed it. We're going to do it sometime this year =)
It's a Wonderful Life--starring James Stewart, Donna Reed, Henry Travers--Okay, most of you hadn't seen Sabrina. I hope all of you have seen this classic!! If not......you will really shock me! You all know the story: it is the story of a small town man with big aspirations, but it takes a visit from an angel to realize how blessed he is. We will watch this movie on Christmas night. We have for the past few years.
Have a blessed time with these Christmas flicks!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











6 comments:
Lol I'm happy to say I have seen "it's a wonderful life". We actually watched last night! It's seems to get better every year....
Good movies you have there Ella!
I just remembered that I never wrote you back. Oops, sorry about that!
I've seen almost all of these, and I just watched "Holiday Affair" last night. Oh, and I wanted to tell you that my mom and I watched "Christmas in Connecticut" a week ago and we loved it! It was SOO funny! Thanks for recommending it. =)
Oh, and the George C. Scott version of "A Christmas Carol" is my favorite too.
seen it, loved it. It is shown in Home Alone II as well (only en espanol)... what a wonderful life is a christmas classic in our house!
~Sara~
Sara, I am glad you and your mother enjoyed "Christmas in Connecticut." My Mom and I greatly enjoy it!
To everyone else--thank you for not surprising me!
Neesie, I look forward to a letter whenever you get around to it!
Post a Comment