Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Her Name Is.......

It was great fun to see y'alls guesses about my puppy's name. There was a common thread in that "Grace" was suggested a lot. You know that I love Grace Kelly--I think she is the classiest actress of all time. And her name would have fit my family. But......





That isn't it.





I love Audrey Hepburn too. She is perfect for roles in Roman Holiday and Sabrina (Which by the way are two movies my brother will watch that are "girly movies.")





But she isn't it either.





Let's see....there was Katherine Hepburn. Loretta Young. Marilyn (which I am assuming it was for Marilyn Monroe) All of those are well known.......





But no.





My puppy was named after Dad's favorite actress. Jade got it right.






I could have said she was in musicals. That might have helped..... =) Yes, our dog is named Ginger. She still fits in our family. (Nikki, our other dog, does as well, for she is a combination of mine and my brother's middles names.)

Isn't this fun?!

8 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Ella!

Oh, what a sweet puppy! :) I just now found the name post and this one... I've been sick, so I haven't been on the computer much.

That was a fun idea... having people guess what the name was! :)

So... have you decided on anything for your header? If not, I can make something else. :) I wouldn't mind a bit.

Blessings!
Julia

Jade said...

Yay! I think this is the first guess I've ever guessed right!

I think it's the the perfect name for her=) Ya'll did a great job picking her name.

Jade

Sara said...

It sooooo fits her! Oh my goodness, I thought I was 'branching out' by not picking Grace... cute name!
~Sara, Meghan's sister~
PS: We have a blog! Come and be the first to comment on a post! It is mysimpleblessedlife.blogspot.com

Sara said...

It's funny, because at first I really wanted to say Ginger because your puppy just looks like a Ginger! But I decided to go with Grace anyway. =)

After looking at these pictures, I really want a puppy now!

Unknown said...

Ginger is SO perfect for her! Cute name to fit a cute puppy. :) I should have guessed Ginger... but oh well. :P

~Madison

Julia said...

Hi Ella!

I changed the header! Do you like it? I sent you an email explaining my choice of picture... the original idea didn't quite work...

Blessings!
Julia

Jessica McDonald said...

Silly me! I missed the guessing! Ah well. :-D The puppy is soooo cute...and those floppy ears are so adorable!

I love the name "ginger"! If I had a pet I would definitely name it a fun name like that! As it is, my younger brother insists that I cannot name any of our chickens after characters in literature/movies, etc. He says it simply will not do and that pirate names are far more appropriate. LOL! Oh well! :-D

Have a great week!

Love, Jessica

Anna Naomi said...

That is a cute name and fits her well! Hope you're enjoying the little sweetie!