So, what have we been up to..........Oh, nothing much. Just baking peanut butter cup cookies, creamy butter cookies, tri-colored cookies, chocolate chip cookies, shortbreads, nutty thumbprints, peppermint crush, nut clusters, gingerbread men, lemon basil cookies, Russian tea cakes, chocolate peanut butter fudge, and for all I know, I am missing something.
These pictures will give you a pretty good idea.





Teenage guys like to eat. Garrett does, and I know my friend, Erin's, brother does. But I know they won't eat ALL of these!And trust me, my family won't be either.
Tomorrow, we head to doctors' offices and the library. Giving cookies is a way of saying "thank you" to them. The mail lady and the garbage men will get them too. Everyone will probably think we are nuts, but who cares?! It is a way to show the love of Christ.
But as you can imagine, I have had my share of sweets. After all, I have to taste =) But now....I am paying for it
Maybe I made your mouth water. Good. Go catch a flight out here and help me eat them with some hot tea, cocoa, or coffee! There are still plenty left











13 comments:
Baking together was SO much fun...especially with the weather so cold outside. It was great to stay indoors and warm the house even more with the oven on all day long.
But it sure feels good to get off my feet and to sit a spell...with a cup of tea by my side.
After tasting all those goodies, I better get back to the exercise bike VERY soon!!
Love,
Mom
WOW! You have been busy! The variety is so much fun! What is your favorite? Everyone that you give them to will Thank you very much:)
That is so nice...no, I don't think it's strange that you give them to the garbage man etc. We used to give more cookies then we do right now...a little busy. Anyways, this year we are giving Whole Wheat Bread~
Jenna
Oh wow! everything looks so good! lol I'm feeling your pain... yesterday we made a whole bunch of cookies and I think I did a little too much taste testing lol
Hey Ella!
Oh wow... that's a lot of cookies/sweets!! I can see how you're exhausted from all the labor of making them! But they sure do look delicious, though!
If I could I would take you up on that offer of flying out there to help you eat those.... :D
Blessings!
Julia
Oh my goodness! Those look so good! As a matter of fact, my sister is baking cookies right now! A recipe thought up by my great grandmother, called Baba's orange cookies. I'll post the recipe and the pictures sometime later.
~Sara~
PS: What time is the flight? (Just kidding)
They all look delicious! Great job to you and your mom! Mmm... Holiday baking is fun, but can be tiring, especially when you make so much! I know everyone you give them to will be happy to receive them, however.
I wish I could take you up on your offer and fly over... one day maybe.
Haha! Can I come out there? I would if I could!! :D Those are about the best looking cookies I've ever seen in my entire life!! Can you hand me some through the computer? :P They look absolutely AMAZING Ella! :D
By the way, that is a really good idea, sharing them with different people who do service like that. Great idea!
~Madison
Ooo! My mouth is definitely watering!!! We've been in the kitchen a bunch too lately...though not quite as much as y'all!
*goes to check plane tickets* Hmmm. Maybe I'll just pretend I'm visiting you and helping you eat all those cookies! :-)
I do so wish we could get together in person and do somethin so lovely like that! *sigh* Ah well.
Merry Christmas, Ella! I pray that the Christmas season is SUCH a blessing for you and your family!
Love, Jessica
LOL! No wonder I haven't heard from you in the past couple days.
YUM! These cookies look SO good. My mom and I will start Christmas cookie baking soon too.
Mom, I loved being in a warm house baking these past few days. But you said it, it is good to sit!
Jenna, I think I liked the peanut butter cup cookies, the gingerbread men, the chocolate peanut butter fudge, and the tri-colored ones the best =)And everyone was thankful--I think whole wheat bread is another good idea.
Jade, I might be done taste tasting, but now, they are in my house all finished with nary a purpose but to be eaten =)
Julia, it would be great fun to have you come here. But since I would like some warmer weather, I could bring some and go there =)
Sara, I will have to look at your recipe and pictures =)
Anna, yes, one day, Lord willing, that flight will be made. All of us SOTH.
Well, Madison, sometimes I think people hand illnesses through the computer, so I can try with the cookies =)
Jessica, I would love to do something lovely with you such as this sometime. You seem like such a dear...all of my readers do. I hope your Christmas is just as blessed!
Erin, yep. That's why you haven't heard from me yet!!
Sara, I hope your baking with your mother is just as blessed!!
There are still plenty of cookies everyone!!
That sounds like fun!
I just made a batch of chocolate crinkle cookie dough two days ago and orange cookies yesterday...the cookie dough is hard to restrain yourself from! :) I love baking cookies-and we're still planning on making more!
Oh yummy! Ok - on my way to the airport! Just kidding. But you have inspired me to get in the kitchen and get baking!!
Post a Comment