Having a mom who is passionate about her role as a wife and mother is a blessing--I know you all will agree. In today's society, when women are urged to do anything but "be under the shackles of home life," it is so refreshing to find someone who supports my hopes and dreams wholeheartedly.
All my mom ever wants to be is just that: a wife and a mother. That's why we are looking into State adoption. Yes, she will always be my mother, but she wants to start all over again. While I still need to talk to her about things, do things with me (like our every now and then tradition of going to tea rooms), I don't need to be dressed and bathed.....and she misses that.
Mom is the best. I can't wait for her to be a blessing to other children as she has been to me. But Mom....."I'll love you forever. I'll love you for always. As long as I'm living, my mommy you'll be."
Happy Birthday!!
Oh, this picture was taken in Yellowstone National Park in 2006.....if you wanted to know ;-)











13 comments:
Yes, the best role in the world is that of wife and mother...it's too bad it took me many years of following a different path before I found that out. (Alot of wasted and unhappy years!)
Thank you for this wonderful tribute/post...and for posting the words from that precious book "Love You Forever."
I love you,
Mom
What is that song? I think I've heard it before... but I cannot think of the name! Happy Birthday Mrs G!
Happy Birthday, Mrs. G!!!!
Our mom's are wonderful aren't they Ella? :)
Happy birthday, Mrs. G! :-)
Happy birthday Mrs. G! Thank you for being a Godly example of womanhood in this dark world - I enjoy hearing about you from Ella! Thank you as well for all the prayers you have prayed for situations I've gone through and that Ella has shared with you. It is such a blessing! Thank you as well for being a wonderful mom to Ella. Your influence on her life is evident and beautiful to see. Thank you for allowing her to be my close friend. It is such an encouragement!
Hope you have a wonderful year! I am praying that the adoption process will go smoothly and quickly!
Happy Birthday to Ella's mum!! :-) hope she has a wondeful day too! She is blessed to have a daughter like you.
Wow, adoption? Good on you! I hope that works out for you all!
Happy Birthday Mrs. G!!! You are such a great mom...I can see that.
:-) I hope you enjoyed your day.
Thank you all so much for your very sweet words. Mom had a very nice day. I had a very messy kitchen to show for it.....but I didn't mind!
Hi, Ella,
Thank you for visiting my blog and writing me. You have a pretty blog.
Amber
Hey Ella!
Its been a while since I've stopped by your blog..I missed it!
Anyway, I was reading a 2006 issue of Above Rubies at church, and saw your family picture! I got so excited!! I felt like I "knew" you! LOL
So I hope your having a blessed week, and happy birthday to your Mom!!
Blessings,
Mia
Mia, it is great to have you back! I enjoyed reading your blog and I am glad to have found it again.
You know, "everyone" recognizes me by that Above Rubies article. I guess I'm famous =)
Happy (late!) birthday to your mom. This was such a sweet to make for her. And that is very exciting that your family is looking into adoption- I will be praying for that.
I pray that your Mom had a very, very Happy Birthday, Ella!!
And I love that last quote. My Mom used to read me that book when I was very young and it always brings back sweet memories. :-)
Love, Jessica
Post a Comment