Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Menu

The holidays aren't the same without certain types of food. For me, there are some you just have to have (like green bean casserole around Thanksgiving) I thought I would take a few minutes and share what is "on the docket" at my house.


Christmas Eve dinner looks like this:
Blackberry glazed ham (a Food Network recipe)
Three Cheese Scalloped potatoes (oh, those are so good)
Broccoli Casserole (we have had this in the past...but I can't remember it)
Raspberry Gelatin Salad (Garrett loves these)
Green Salad (nothing so special there)
Peppermint Cheesecake (the dessert that I cannot live without on Christmas)

Christmas Morning:
Crispy Potato Casserole (eggs and ham and potatoes all together =)
Orange Bread (the tradtional thing we have had for years and years)
Ambrosia Hot Fruit Compote (this is super sweet, so I don't have much.)

Tell me, what are foods that you eat on Christmas Eve/Christmas Morning? And what does your menu look like this year?

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi Ella,
All of that sounds so yummy! One thing that I love for Christmas breakfast is a delicious French toast recipe that we make. We like it because you can make it the night before, and just stick it in the oven for breakfast the next morning. Yummy... and super easy! I love Christmas food. :)

~ Blessings,
Lindsay

•Karis Brown• said...

Oooh, that all sounds so delicious!
We always have a huge Christmas morning breakfast.
We have cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, grits, toast and jelly, breakfast casserole, and orange juice. It's all so good, and it's a fun tradition! I'm hungry now! hehee

Marry Christmas!
Karis

Alice said...

On Christmas Eve, we're having honey ham, green beans, a special potato recipe (tradition!), cranberry sauce, and a traditional Jello recipe. On Christmas morning, we're having a favorite egg/cheese/ham recipe and fruit. Yummy!!