Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Secondhand Fashion Week--Day 3: Channelling Stacy and Michelle

I've got my own sense of style--and I am very proud of that fact! However, I would be lying if I said I didn't look to fashion icons and trend setters on occasion for some tips. You'll be seeing a more vintage inspired look this weekend; today is all about current times.

I found this dress amazing at the thrift store. It shouted "Michelle Obama" and "Stacy London" (of What Not To Wear) at me. I didn't know if I could pull of a sheath dress with my stature and size....but I was thrilled that I could. I was equally thrilled with the price--$6!

I don't usually add the scarf, although I did today since it was, again, on the chilly side. It was lovingly crocheted by my dear friend, Meghan, and I think of her every time I see it hanging in my closet. My shoes, however, are anything but thrift store. I saw these at J.C. Penny and love them. But as I have told you before, my feet are small; these shoes could be a bit big but I wear them anyway.

  • Dress by Arden B. (thrift store)
  • Scarf by Meghan (handmade)
  • Shoes by East 5th (bought at J.C. Penny)

9 comments:

Bets said...

Very pretty! Love the red. And my son is dancing to the music on your blog. :)

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Oooo... Lovely dress! I don't think I could pull off a Stacy dress ( but you did it beautifully! I wish I could, because Stacy always looks amazing, which makes sense, it's her job:-))

There's just something extra special about a red dress...

Bramblewood Fashion said...

I love it! Love the color.

Lindsay said...

Oh... I *love* that dress, Ella!! It looks great on you! And that scarf really adds an extra special touch. Red's such a good color for you! :)

♥ Love,
Lindsay

hi said...

I LOVE the dress! You look fabulous! :)

Anonymous said...

That dress screams, to me, Gabrielle!!! :) You are so beautiful-that dress so enhances your beauty. I love the shoes. :)

Check back on mine and Sara's blogs in the next day or so because we'll be making Frugal Finds posts. :) Love you!

(Wear that when you come, too!!)

Anna said...

Such a pretty dress, love the bodice.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! The red is stunning!
Blessings,
Kate

Ella said...

Thank you, everyone!

To An Old Fashioned Girl--you could be surprised. I didn't think I could pull of a Stacy dress either. So I was happy when I found out otherwise!@

Meghan, okay, I'll bring it. I am so glad you liked it...I honestly didn't think you would =)