Friday, September 02, 2011

It's Football Time, Baby!





The long wait is over; my lack of femininity is about to come through =) Because tomorrow, my favorite sport in the world begins a new season--COLLEGE FOOTBALL! It is so exhilarating for me to watch, though some games, I can feel like a heart attack is coming on.



I know. I know. Most girls aren't into sports. And if they are, they just sit demurely and watch them, not understanding what is going on. I am the exact opposite. Every game day, I deck myself out in blue and orange (trust me, I wear my Boise State Bronco shirt), sit down in front of the TV....and I do not move until the game is over. Ask my friends: if they call, they know I won't pick up unless it is halftime or the game clock reads 0:00. And when that game is on, I get excited. I jump up and yell. I scream. I get angry at the referee. Yep, I bet you can't picture me doing it, but trust me....I can.




Living in a college town just adds to the ambiance and spirit. I have gotten to go to several games and let me tell you, there is nothing like being in a stadium, surrounded by thousands of people "united in a common cause." I hope I get a chance to go this year--and sit in this stadium.




Yes. The turf is blue =)It's lovingly called "the smurf turf" and if for some reason, BSU decided to get rid of it (even though it is our trademark), the entire city would rise in revolt. I kid you not.




So, I am looking forward to the Broncos taking on the Georgia Bulldogs tomorrow. I have to work, but thank goodness, the game is an evening one. Every TV in the Treasure Valley will be tuned in....just as mine will.




Anyone else get as excited about sports? Any sports? Or is it just me?


6 comments:

Julia said...

I used to really love watching NFL football with my dad, but we haven't had TV for a long time now. I used to get really hyped up about the games too! :D And like you I *understood* what was going on - lol!

Now, my sport of choice is Ultimate Frisbee. But I don't like watching it.... I like playing it! It's so much fun. Have you ever played Ultimate Frisbee, Ella?

Blessings,
Julia

Charity said...

I should probably root for the Broncos out of state pride, but... they stink. They have always stunk. In fact, I told my dad recently, "It's a good thing I don't care about sports, because our teams suck!" If they make it to the finals, there they are defeated in bone-crushing humiliation. Statewide people mourn in despair, wearing ugly purple and orange team colors. Usually, I hear about it afterward, since at the time I am almost always watching a costume drama.

On this occasion, however, I think I'll watch "The Devil Wears Prada" instead.

Sadly, no, I do not share your love of sports. I cannot even be enticed to watch the Olympic games, other than every four years to catch the ice skating. I am really just that pathetic. ("What do you mean my show is postponed for eight weeks while the Olympic Games are on?!")

Patti said...

The ONLY thing I like about the ending of summer is that it's time for college football again.

Even though I grew up in Pittsburgh and was a HUGE Steelers fan for years, I don't care about the NFL now at all, but I DO love college football, especially our Broncos!!

Can't wait for tomorrow night's game. Let's beat them Dawgs!!!

Tory said...

Go HOGS!!! I am from Arkansas... :D

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Hey there! I'm new to your blog en route from Chariy's Place. I love your thoughts on fashion and faith... I'm not so much into football :-) But I have a father and two brothers who were all watching the Boise game today and we all like the new(?) orange shoes with blue socks and white uniforms, very sharp looking! Smurf turf.... maybe not so much :-)

Even if I'm not terribly fond of the sports part of the games there's always the uniforms and the suits of the commentators to comment on!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy football (college and pro) season is here. :)