So this week, I have my five favorite looks. They aren't ranked in any particular order. Still, I would love to hear your thoughts on them....or any other fashion-y things that you have noticed this past week.

Emmy Rossum was wearing a designer I had never heard of--Bibhu Mohaptra. Yet, goodness, do I wish I had this dress in my wardrobe! I love this in so many ways. I love the patterns and geometrical shapes. The neckline/sleeves are unique. And the black paneling gives the illusion of cutouts without being actual cutouts. Add to it her hair and soft make-up. I love it
Emmy is one of a precious few in Hollywood who does not use a stylist. Looking at the job she does....doesn't it prove that having someone tell you what to wear is highly unnecessary?
***************************

Heather Graham wore another designer I am not familiar with--Talbot Runhof....and I love this one as well. She might be at the Paris Premiere for The Hangover 3, but she looks utterly classy and chic. White and black will always be a surefire winning combination. The short sleeve only on one side, along with the detailing on the bodice, adds playful elements to what is otherwise simple. I do appreciate that she kept the accessories to a minimum; if she had gone crazy, the gown would not do the talking. Hence why I am okay with her hair being pulled up. A down hairstyle would have been another competing factor.
*****************************************

Victoria Beckham threw me for a loop when I saw this picture. She was actually wearing something of color!!!! You have to understand that when I say she doesn't wear color, I am being dead serious. The woman wears predominantly black and white. So when I saw this Carven skirt--I fell in love. The skirt not only has color....it is a Renaissance inspired print on it. I am not sure I would wear it because I probably couldn't get up enough courage. But Victoria does it flawlessly. Pairing it with a simple white shirt and shoes that I adore....I think this is a great outfit to wear traveling through the airport. (Though if you want to get technical, she should ditch the glasses while indoors and add a smile....but oh well =)
********************************************
Angelina Jolie has been in the news quite a lot lately. Perhaps you have maybe seen the magazines or news articles commenting on the preventative double mastectomy. That has been a controversial topic among people, so we won't get into it (although I have my own opinion....don't I always? ;-) However, she looks AMAZING at her first red carpet appearance since surgery--in a custom Saint Laurent gown. Normally, Angelina leaves me underwhelmed, like she doesn't put much effort into her appearance. Not so on this occasion. I love her hair, her makeup, everything. The dress is flawless.....and I'll just go ahead and say it....her reconstructive surgery looks impressive.She's glowing to me!
********************************
Samantha Barks is one stunning gal....and I want this outfit for myself. I mean, the silhouette is gorgeous! The blue especially is stunning...and it shows off her svelte figure to perfection. And yes, I am obsessed with hats and fascinators. Actually, I will be buying one for my "Halloween costume"....but that is beside the point. I know a lot of people do not enjoy the British's fascination with hats....I think it just adds to the look. Yep. You couldn't ditch the hat =)
*************************
So am I off base? Are these good fashion faves? Or do you totally disagree with me? ;-)












5 comments:
=D Okay, now I can see why these are your top 5 from this wk. These are all great--Samantha Barks being my favorite of the lot. And, dear sister--her fascinator would go fabulously with your Halloween costume!
I vote totally keep this...LOVED it. Samantha Barks is adorable, and I loved Angelina's look (and Victoria's, too...)
Would be very interested in your PO on Angelina, BTW...
I don't really care for the print of Victoria Beckham's skirt, but everything else is lovely. I especially like Samantha's, Angelina's, and the second gal (don't remember her name, and since the comment form pops-up in another window I can't go back and look). The black geometrical shapes on the first dress give the illusion of a VERY tiny waist.
Okay. I'll admit it: this is probably the first time that I've thought Angelina actually looks nice. Most the time... yeah, I don't go for her "look."
The more I look at the dress Heather is wearing... the more I like it. While I could never get away with wearing white, it's a very classy dress. Love the look.
Loved this, Ella!
Emmy Rossum pretty much always looks fabulous... and gorgeous. :P
Post a Comment