However, my dear sister, Meghan, is hosting a blog party where we highlight our dream weddings. Most girls have ideas of what they would like in their heads--although I have a few friends for whom that is NOT the case ;-) Not so with me. I love planning my wedding.....in my head. My wedding board on Pinterest has over 250 things penned, if that gives you any indication. So today, it's all about the big things: colors, themes, and dress!
*I apologize right now if you aren't into these things. Thanks for bearing with me. Trust me, I have some other types of posts geared for the end of the week. But right now....indulge me.*
Colors
Believe it or not, I am a blue and orange type of girl. Chalk it up to my favorite college football team having those colors ;-) Also chalk it up to my wanting to marry Tim Tebow.....I just love blue and orange. So for the longest time, I wanted these colors.
With my dream bouquet looking like this:
Don't get me wrong, I still love this. However, sometimes bright, ostentatious colors do not translate that well into photos. Or I watch wedding shows with these colors and I think "wow.....that looks harsh." Clearly, it has to be done right.
Now, though, I find myself still drawn to this color palate. But more alone the lines of coral, peach, and aqua like this:
With my dream bouquet like this: (sense a theme?)
I do love both. I really do. So it will depend on the season. More spring--I'll do the lighter colors. In the autumn months, I would do more of the jewel tones.
*************************************************************
Theme
That is A LOT harder to nail down. I want a wedding much like this blog title: classy with a dash of quirk (and romance). I am slowly finding pins for how I want this to look.....but nothing too definitive yet. If I could somehow achieve a look like this (which screams classy to me, I would love it):
See? Told ya I didn't have much figured out! Good thing I'm not getting married tomorrow ;-)
***************************************
Dress
This one is (somewhat) easy for me. I know I want a fitted dress in the mermaid style. Being petite, I cannot wear a ballgown, no matter how much my Disney princess loving heart might wish it. But I also want something that isn't done much in "certain circles". Hence why I want something fitted. I also want lace on it. Again, it screams classy:
Clearly, I would want this dress more fitted.......and it needs a jeweled belt or a sash or something.
However, my couture fashion side wants something glamorous and more modern. Here is a secret: I have a fascination with one shouldered dresses!
See!? GORGEOUS, right?! Maybe I can get a one shouldered dress using lace this way:
*********************************************
Bridesmaid Dresses
I'll end on this note. I know who I want my bridesmaids to be.....and I am going to have different seasons of life to contend with whenever the time comes. I also will have different body types as well as different modesty things. (Hence why I won't do one shouldered) So right now, I like this one:
Obviously not in white =P Either in the blue hue of my choosing and they'll carry orange and white hued flowers. OR I'll do a neutral color with mixed bouquets =D
***************************
So there you have it! Tomorrow, I'll share flowers, music, photo ideas......and food. Seriously, people will want to come to my wedding because of the food =) Y'all will at least ;-)






















3 comments:
I don't normally like orange, but it's really stunning against the blue!
Those three gowns are very pretty (love the one-shouldered lace).
I haven't given a lot of thought to my wedding except that it'll be small, intimate, and not very showy -- I don't like drawing attention to myself. I'm also pretty pratical, so I'll probably just tell my bridesmaids "buy a little black dress you like, and can wear again." :)
O-la-la.
The orange is pretty against the blue although to be honest, I would probably go for more "subtle" colors. Not sure since I am nowhere near that frame of mind.
LOVE that pretty ceiling decoration - lights in the décor will be a must. ;)
Oh, and I agree with Charity: looking for practical bridesmaids dresses sounds like a plan, and since I am not a "showy" person either, I'll want a simple but elegant gown.
Excited to hear about those weddings, Ella - you lucky girl you. :)
I have to say, that although my style isn't dramatic, I may want a ballroom gown. Not satin, but lace and tulle or chiffon or georgette. I at least now want a fairytale themed wedding.
We have several old historical houses in our area, so I am thinking I would want my wedding there.
I want my guests to have fun for my reception...since I am usually quite bored. My cousin had the bestest reception ever. First on a huge screen photos of him and his wife from babyhood til when they met and their engagement were shown on a slideshow, then they had a Q and A video about how they met, the proposal, what they first thought of each other, etc. It was DARLING! I cannot beat that, but I don't want it to be starve while one waits for the bride and groom, eat, and then watch the bride and groom at their far away table.
Also, I MUST have an EXCELLENT photographer or there will not be as much a point in all the decorations as I doubt I will take too much notice of them on that day.
I am afraid I am going to be a bridezilla and be a wreck. I think it is good to plan all this stuff out even while single to save on stress later. I have several wedding boards dividing the stuff up in catagories. Also, one thing we often forget, let the groom have a say. Show him some photos of dress styles-he might have a fav or a hate. Let him have a say in the ceremony and reception. Some guys may not care, but some may just be holding back for the girl...or her bridezillaness. I am going to have to watch my control freak tendancies here :P
Post a Comment