Monday, July 29, 2013

You Knew I'd Talk About It, Right? ;-)

 There are two things heavily documented on this blog:

1.) My love of Kate Middleton
2.) My love of all things British

So yes, what is this blog without some pictures of the latest addition to the Royal family. I will unashamedly admit that I stayed up ridiculously late once I head that the Duchess had gone into labor, seemingly thinking that she would have the baby sooner rather than later. Yeah right. Who was I kidding? That labor took forever.

I was the one who read every article after the baby was born. I was the one who even turned on CNN to watch recycled info....just because I was that obsessed. And yes, I will be the one who buys the special addition of People as soon as I see it on the newsstands.

I am so excited to watching William and Catherine be parents. I actually think they will be quite good ones. Kate, being a "commoner" will keep her child down to earth; William, ever sensitive since his mother's death, will do anything and everything to protect that child. And this might be my hopeless romantic nature talking, but because William saw what his mother went through, I think William will also do anything to protect Kate--and I do believe he will remain faithful to her.

As I watched them greet the public, I thought of how normal they looked. How much in love with each other they were. This article in particular made me smile. And I read one just today about how William plans to take his son to his mother's gravesite this fall.....what a bittersweet moment.

I'll admit, I wish his name were a little different. George Alexander Louis is a bit big for this little Prince, although I know he will grow into it. While I wish his parents had gone down another avenue (still British but slightly more modern), the beauty of naming kids is that you can name them what you want.....and apparently, William and Kate had no input from others: these were their choices.

Now I'm intrigued to see who his godparents will be. =D

I'll always remember where I was when I found out he was born....I was actually at Chipotle eating lunch when my phone went off with a barrage of texts. In a world where we remember negative instances of "where we were," it's good to have a positive and happy one.

Ella

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Yayyyy! I am so excited to see how this plays out...they seem so happy and in love and I am so happy for them!!!

Carissa (Regency Woman) said...

I'm just glad the baby's healthy. :)