Thursday, September 07, 2006

I am so glad that I have the ability to read directions. After much concentration, I was able to post my profile picture all by myself. That is an accomplishment!! Normally, I can't do things electronically,but I am slowly getting better!! Yeah! That's good, especially because Garrity can't help me all the time.

You know, I am not sure what to post about. If you have read my comments, you can gather details about my trip. They aren't exactly secret anymore, so I don't know what is left to tell. I wanted to have a long post, but why do it if everyone knows? Oh, well. I hope you can gather that I had a great time on vacation. It is nice to be with just my family sometimes. I did miss being out of touch with my "second family" at FBC, not being able to touch my piano, not being able to post, and things like that. However, getting home on Sunday was time enough for all of that to start up again.

Speaking of that, I started piano lessons on Tuesday!! Finally! The summer seemed like forever. You know, it's odd, I used to detest lessons and practice; now, I love it!! Anyway, we discussed my progress on Moonlight Sonata and Pachabel's Canon in D. That was a rather slow start, but by next Tuesday, everything else will get discussed. Mrs. W. just cracks me up with something she said. She said: "Oh, I love being able to talk big things and details with you the first week." That just struck me as funny for some reason.

Now, you are all probably wondering why I haven't talked about school yet. Well, I haven't started. I know the plan was to start today, but Mom and Dad have decided to start Monday. They are talking about having Garrity and I do school during the summer and then take our big break in September and October. That'll be nice, if that's what we decide. It is definitely cooler then! So, two days is two days was their opinion. So, know that I WILL talk about school in the forthcoming week. Also, I might post about September 11th then too.

I was up until ten last night making my "award-winning" cinnamon pecan icebox cookies for a lady at my dad's office. She got hurt falling down a flight of stairs. (Thankfully, she didn't get paralyzed or something.) Anyway, I thought it would be a nice Christian thing to do. I know she will like them; Dad said she raved about them when he brought them into the office a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow I head to Brianne's house for her birthday and a sleepover. I am excited!!! My family isn't big into sleepovers, but they are letting me go to this one. They know the family, and all of the guests, very well. I think the plan is to watch movies, play games, and then go bowling Saturday morning. I wonder how that will go; I am super bad!! :-)

(Oh, speaking of wondering, elk steak is very good. I was surprised I liked it, but I had two small size pieces. I would eat it again.)

I hope you are all having better weather than we are here. It is terrible! It is sooo hazy and smoky. I think it's coming from all of the fires we have around here. We need rain to blow it all out of the valley!!! I am glad to be home, but not to this icky stuff. I want blue sky and cool weather!!

I had better go. Hope you are all seeing the joy of the Lord in your lives today!!! Know that he is with all of us wherever we are and wherever we go!

15 comments:

Alice said...

Oh, good job putting up the picture! It's very nice!

It sounds like you're going to have a busy week. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I like your profile picture. And that you did it all by yourself is something to be proud of...you know that I have to have you and Garrity do all my pictures on my blog. I can't do it by myself:(

Ella said...

Mom, I am surprised that I could figure it out by myself :-)

Alice, how good are you at bowling? You're right, I will have a busy week, particularly with school starting!

Alice said...

Um...my skill is very polarized. It depends on how straight my arm is on a given day. Haha. If we ever have a visit, we should go bowling.

Garrity G. said...

That would be funnier than.. well I don't know. Ella, what a long post.

Anonymous said...

Alice, I'll bet my bowling is worse than yours!! I usually end up with something like a 60 or 70 and alot of broken fingernails!!

Ella said...

I can see that, Alice. I am the same way! And, you're right, we will have to go bowling.

Alice said...

Well, I am REALLY happy if I get 100, so probably not.

Shifty said...

Good luck bowling

Shifty said...

that picture makes you look like your in your 20's or 30's!!

Ella said...

Alice, you should see me when I get a strike. I jump up and down!

Shifty, I think I look like me,and everyone says I look 12 :-) However, thanks for the compliment.

Miriam N. said...

I know how it is not to be able to play your piano. I go almost crazy when we're away from home for more than 3 days. I'm not that good at bowling, either.
Have fun!

Ella said...

Thanks, Miriam. I will post about the bowling later on. (Though it went ok, despite one hiccup.)

Isn't it amazing about the piano thing? I truly just love it!

Carl Koller said...

Ella,
It's dry here too. But we don't have fires...yet! We got a little rain but not much. We need rain really bad.

We love to bowl. To bad our family and your family couldn't spend an eveing bowling. May someday!

Talk at you soon!

Ella said...

I understand about that. We are in need of rain too.

I don't get to bowl much, since my family doesn't do it all that often. However, that does sound fun. (It would be fun to do it with my enitre blog audience.)