Saturday, September 23, 2006

I just posted yesterday, but I do have a few minutes to write. Last night, Mom and I went to the Philharmonic, and it was lovely. The condutor was back ,and he looked totally recovered from his stroke, which was an answer to prayer. (now if he could just stay permanently:-) The guest soloist played on the piano, and WOW! I wish I had been able to see her fingers fly up and down the keys. She did move a considerably amount (rocking, swaying, etc.) Mom says for me not to do that. I really try, but I do somewhat, yet Beethoven did as well.

Listening to music made me thankful that the Lord has enabled me to play the piano. Yet, I don't think I have any aspirations to play professionally. My ultimate goal is to fulfill 1 Peter 4:11. I play for the glory of God, and that alone. I fear that if I did become very good, I would lose sight of that.

We went to Mission Aviation Fellowship this morning. Some people did amazing speeches, even our mayor. God was truly present, I will tell you that. It made me realize that if presidents would talk like that, perhaps our country would not be so far off.

Mom and Dad are messing around in the kitchen. Garrity just got off the telephone, and I am going to work on my cross-stitch while I watch golf. On that, I have come to the conclusion that teamwork is a key recipe for success. Watching the world, the pairs are laughing and joking. You don't see it as much in the Americans. Maybe it's because of egos, I don't know, but really, if they would learn from their competition, I totally believe they would win these matches. Pride does not get rewarded you know!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took the 100 acre wood test, and I am Roo! Roo! Me! Roo! Roo is cute, I am not! I was roo both times!

Ella said...

You are too cute! I was a Kanga once, and then Pooh.

Shifty said...

Pride is poopy

Ella said...

Shifty!!!! Use a different word, like disguesting. Pride does stick, though ;-)

Ella said...

I meant stink:-)

Anonymous said...

No one likes pridefulnes. Ooh! that is a good song! you should have garret let you listen to it!

Anonymous said...

The song is called "No One." its by Aly and aj.

Garrity G. said...

Let me put it this way. Pride is reserved for the prideful.

Ella said...

Uh, pride shouldn't be reserved for anybody.

Shifty said...

however you want to put it, pride is STILL poopy!

Shifty said...

is it just me or is it just grace and i who have commented so far outside of your family?

Anonymous said...

idk. Jim, pride sucks!!! Sucks like getting worked on the perfect wave!

Anonymous said...

Yup Grace, I think you are more like roo than any of the other charachacters. i was Pooh and then roo and now i'm gonna take it again.

Anonymous said...

Ella, you went to the MAF? lucky...

Ella said...

Shifty, you aren't the only people who have commented.

Grace, I didn't know you talked like that:-0

Brianne, Everybody changes with that quiz. Yeah, MAF was neat.

Anonymous said...

What I found so moving at MAF was the remains of Nate Saint's plane. To look upon the plan that carried those 5 men to their final earthly destination was quite humbling and moving.
And, yes, teamwork is probably a major factor for succes. As Dad would say, "There's no I in team."

Garrity G. said...

I was Roo too.

Ella said...

YOu are righton two things, Mom. It was cool to see Nate Saint's plane, and Dad would say that.

Anonymous said...

but there is a me in team!I do talk surfer ling alot!

TigerLily said...

Garrity, I thought you would end up being roo if you took the quiz... I'm ALWAYS right. jk.