Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Today is my dad's birthday. I won't tell you how old =) but to me, his age is older than his looks. Anyway, I am so thankful for my dad today. Like I did with Garrett, I want you all to catch a glimpse into the favorites of each of my family members. So, here you go!

Favorite Color - Hunter Green

Favorite Food - Lasagna

Favorite Movie - The African Queen (with Humphrey Bogart)

Favorite Book -" Was not really a very good reader. I did like the Left Behind books along with the book about Payne Stewart. "

Favorite Music - Phillips, Craig and Dean "who else is there.... "

Favorite Family Vacation - "That is too hard...All of them have been my favorite...Each one holds a special memory of being with my family."

Favorite thing to do - "I would probably have to say that other than being with my family it would have to be working with wood. It helps me relax."

Favorite wood - "Split between Amboyna Burl and Extremely Curly Koa."

Favorite Sports team - "Baseball - Boston Red Sox , College Football - Florida Gators , Pro-football - don't have one now"

Favorite memory of me and you - "all of the time spent together are special moments. Getting cheesecake after competition. Going to your piano competition. Going to the movies. Watching you grow into the person you have become. Following you on a horse for the first time. Seeing you catch your first fish. They are all favorites."

Favorite book of the Bible - "To be honest I don't have one specific favorite. I've liked James, Revelation and Genesis at different times."

Favorite things we do as a family - "Spend time together and go on family camping trips."

Favorite Animal - "Dog specifically the Niddars."

Favorite Ice Flavor - "All of them except Rocky Road. I don't like the little marshmellows. If I had to choose only one it would have to be Heavenly Hash. And yes it has marshmellow in it but it is as a swirl and not the marshmellow chunks"

Happy Birthday, Daddy! I am so glad that you are my dad! I pray you have a blessed day!

11 comments:

Anna Naomi said...

Happy Birthday Mr. G! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Erik said...

Happy Birthday Mr. G

Neesie said...

Happy Birthday Mr. G!!!!
I loved your survey answers. :-)

Miriam N. said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. G!!!

Have a blessed day!

Alice said...

Happy birthday!

Your new template is pretty, Ella! It's definitely "you"!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Happy belated birthday, Mr. Gardner!! I hope your day was special.

I have a question for you! I know that you work a lot with wood, so I'm sure you're the perfect person to ask. I was wondering what kind of wood would be the best for making a hopechest? Thanks for your help, sir!


What a great tribute to your Dad, Ella! :)

Blessings,
Rebekah

Ella said...

Thank you all for wishing my dad a happy birthday. I think he had a nice day. Even though Mom and I were out at the Philharmonic, we have had birthday celebrations the past few days.

Also, Alice, I am glad you like the template. Erin did it for me, and a beautiful job she did too!

Anonymous said...

What a special dauther I have to make a special day for me. It was a pleasure to answer her questions and share them with her dear friends. The lasagne and oatmeal raisen nut cookies were the best.

Rebekah asked about type of wood to make a hope chest out of. Well there are many choices that would look great. It all depends upon how much you are willing to spend on the wood. Ella's was made out of Sapele and White Oak with a Aromatic Cedar lining. Maybe she can share some pics with you.

Mr. G

Ella said...

Rebekah, I wanted to say my own word about the hopechest. I love the one Garrett and Dad made me for me 16th birthday. Garrett would change and use different (more exotic) woods now, but I love it just the way it is!)

Beverly said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. G! So glad to have gotten to know you better.

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Thanks so much for your help, Mr. Gardner!

Yes, Ella, I would love to see some pics of it! :) And to hear what you have in it so far. ;) You got yours for your 16th b-day? That's neat! My grandfather is going to be making me one for my 16th birthday, too!