Monday, January 07, 2008

Time At the Zoo

Well, I was wrong. My family didn't start church looking on Sunday....long story. it will be next Sunday. So, we enjoyed a nice time of homechurching. And then, we decided to get some KFC (Garrett's request) and go to the zoo. We had to renew our pass, but that is fine with us. It is such a lovely way to see God's creation! There was next to nobody there, so it was nice and quiet!
The sloth bear

I love this shot!! And no, the tiger wasn't loose like that at the San Fransisco zoo!
Say, "Pretty Bird!"

Doesn't the poor guy looked bored?

Well, that's all I have time for. God has just created a vast world, and I wanted to share a glimpse of it with you!

8 comments:

~*~Jessica~*~ said...

Oh, I love going to the zoo :) The Denver Zoo is nice, but it's sooo cold that if you go now, all of the animals are inside practicing looking lethargic.

You know, I think this is the first comment I've left you on here! You're so sweet, you always leave me a comment. :)

Love, Jess

Anonymous said...

I LOVE going to the zoo in the winter. Besides it being less crowded and much quieter, the animals aren't sapped by the summer heat!!

That howling leopard was a scream, wasn't it?

Kaysie said...

Fun! Thanks for sharing the great pictures!
God has indeed created an amazing world.

Kaysie

Alice said...

It's funny that you should post about the zoo because for some reason I've been thinking about the zoo all day! We're having some VERY unseasonable weather (it was 68 degrees!) here, and it just seems like the perfect weather to visit the zoo. :-)

I'll be e-mailing you soon!

Ella said...

Jess, actually, we love going to the zoo in the winter. The animals are more active, or so we find! Yea, a comment from you is always good!

Mom, that leopard was really funny!

Kayise, yes, we live in a beautiful world!

Alice, 68 degrees is great weather. We have a lot of snow (about 5 inches...that's a lot for us here in the valley!) I will be looking forward to that e-mail!

Anna Naomi said...

The pictures are great - someone did a good job taking them! Our weather here is strange as well. It went from cold to the now nice, high of 70s weather!

Anonymous said...

Those are great photos - usually when I take pics at the zoo the animals don't cooperate or pose for me. :-P Although I don't think we'll be going to the zoo any time soon, what with the whole tiger incident!

Joyfully,
Mandy

Ella said...

Mandy, I wish I could take credit for it, but my brother was the great photographer in this case!