
Perhaps most of you are snow lovers. Let's put it this way......I like it, but in moderation. Nothing against any of you who might experience blizzards......those aren't for me. And honestly, this morning if you had look outside, you seriously would have thought I lived in North Dakota or somewhere.
I did have a white Christmas, though on Thursday it tended towards freezing rain. Now, it's a whole new story. You can imagine the trouble it is to get Nikki and Ginger to go outside. They don't want to deal with the wind =)
I think I should curl up with a cup of tea and my favorite girly movie. Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Or maybe I should figure out what musicals I want to do next week.....that's a good idea too. I will let y'all enjoy the outdoors for me.
I hope your weather isn't as nasty as mine. I have to remind myself that the Lord created and loves the winter just as much as He does the spring...and green...and warmth. =)
Stay warm. God bless!












9 comments:
I am a snow lover too, when I can stay inside and observe from the warm indoors. Driving down a mountain in the snow is a bit scary though. :)
I think I might have to do the same: make a cup of tea (chai sounds good, thanks to you) and read a book or watch a movie. These are the winter moments I adore.
Too bad I don't have snow outside though. But I enjoyed your pictures.
Kaysie
You know where I stand on this issue. I have finally accepted the fact that I am NOT a winter person. After living in Florida for most of my adult life, I MISS the green and the warmth...although I DO enjoy the brilliant colors of autumn. However, it would be just as easy to drive to North Carolina in October to enjoy the leaves!!
Love,
Mom
Oh I understand how you feel about the weather! We had SO much snow and it finally all melted today - now we have a swamp!! I think the temp right now is around 55:)I am a summer/warm weather fan...I can be outside barefoot and doing all the animal/gardening that I love~
Let's see...about 2 1/2 months of COLD and then it'll start to get warmer!!
Happy winter,
Jenna
Very pretty!! :) Perhaps you aren't a snow person, but I definitely am! :) Oh well... anyway, maybe you could send me some snow? :D
~Madison
Hello Ella! :)
I've haven't been following your blog for very long, and I haven't commented yet, but I just had to say -- you're lucky you don't live up here! LOL! We have about 2 feet of snow right now -- we've had about 80 inches so far since the beginning of November. :) I too prefer the warmer weather...sometimes. As I told a friend of mine -- I like summer in winter and winter in summer! But isn't that just the way it is with all of us. We always want what we don't have, and we don't want what we do have. :)
Blessings!
Noelle Mathison
Oh my goodness, you do have snow! Haha, well ejoy it. And, don't send it over here. ;-)
It was a beatiful mid-60's day over here. I didn't even wear my coat to church this morning!
I know, I need to leave and stop making you jealous. :-) Don't worry, the weather here for tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's so today was not the norm. :-(
Hope you were able to get cozy.
Please stay warm!
Love,
Neesie
The snow is lovely compared to what we had! We had a horrible ice storm...the entire road down our lane was an ice skating rink. Solid, smooth ice. 'Twas quite frustrating. Then the odd thing happened...it all melted overnight and now the grass is green and the weather in the 50's!! We're all very shocked as it was just 25 below last week!
Though, I will admit it's nice to see the grass again! :-D hehe.
Happy New Year, Ella!!!
Love, Jessica
Kaysie, I do not envy your having top drive down a mountain at all!!
Mom, yes, I know your feelings and sentiments exactly!
Jenna, I love being barefoot. Even right now in the house, I stay barefoot....and my toes don't get cold.
Noelle, thank you so much for commenting! Yes, that is true. I long for cool weather when it is hot and warm weather when it is cold. I should practice contentment.
Neesie, today was weird. It was 57 and all of our snow melted. You do make me slightly envious.....but I think the cold is coming back
Jessica, your weather sounds like ours.....only we weren't 25 below!
I have to admit I'm a little jealous Ella! I was really, really hoping for a white Christmas, but we didn't get one. =( But I enjoyed looking at your pictures anyway- I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment